Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultra Classic Bluetooth Adapter?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 05:42 PM
Machinegun Chuck
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultra Classic Bluetooth Adapter?

OK, I'm sure this must be addressed somewhere but after a few hours of searching here and around the internet I've come up empty handed:

I bought my first Ultra Classic a few weeks ago (2010). It's hard to make long trips on my Dyna. So far I love it but I'm trying to figure out a way of simply adding a Bluetooth device/adapter to it in order that I have full functions of the HK Radio, to include CB without having to be wired to the bike. Further, I don't want to just be able to listen to the CB, I want to be able to use it.

I going to pick up a Bluetooth Headset (either Sena or UClear) to be able to talk with other bikes, talk with the passenger (wife) and use my cell phone and thought it should be easy enough to tap into the on board radio with CB capabilities at the same time. Sena does have a Bluetooth adapter, but everything I've read leads me to believe that it's a one way device (allows you to listen but not talk).

Again, I'm sure this must be addressed someplace, but your direction or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

MG

Old 06-19-2013, 06:02 PM
fireman9170
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im interested to know also. I have a Sena headset on one helmet and the HD set on another. I prefer the Sena.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:30 PM
Machinegun Chuck
5th Gear
Default Crazy

I asked the HD Dealer locally and got the dear in the headlights look... Really? I can believe in this day, HD or HK doesn't have something on the shelf or someone hasn't figured this out.

Fireman, what model Sena do you have and would you do it again or go with something else? I'm liking the idea of the UClear just because there isn't a boom mic but real interested in the Sena 10D-11 too.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:21 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 49,925 Likes on 19,371 Posts

I don't know much ( anything ) about Bluetooth ... My cell phone flips open and still has a pull out antenna ... But ... I ran across this and thought it might help. HD Part Number 76408-06

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...ts/-J03642.pdf

Old 06-19-2013, 08:33 PM
kwo51
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Another way is to by the GPS and mount it on bars that HD sells for $1000. It has bluetooth that will work with HD head gear.They really missed the boat on this issue I think. I think it is a garmon.

Last edited by kwo51; 06-19-2013 at 08:35 PM. Reason: old brain
Old 06-19-2013, 08:36 PM
Machinegun Chuck
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
I don't know much ( anything ) about Bluetooth ... My cell phone flips open and still has a pull out antenna ... But ... I ran across this and thought it might help. HD Part Number 76408-06

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...ts/-J03642.pdf
Close - that would integrate the phone into the system, for use with a standard HD head set but it wouldn't allow pairing between the radio and a Bluetooth headset.

Thanks for the try tho

MG

Old 06-19-2013, 08:41 PM
Machinegun Chuck
5th Gear

Originally Posted by kwo51
Another way is to by the GPS and mount it on bars that HD sells for $1000. It has bluetooth that will work with HD head gear.They really missed the boat on this issue I think. I think it is a garmon.
Wow, $1000 for something my Android phone does for free. I might just have to get over not having the CB function...

I still have to believe someone has overcome this for a price that's reasonable.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:54 PM
paulhog
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

"... And use my cell phone"?? On a bike??? Give me a ****ing break!!

Old 06-19-2013, 09:07 PM
fireman9170
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Machinegun Chuck
I asked the HD Dealer locally and got the dear in the headlights look... Really? I can believe in this day, HD or HK doesn't have something on the shelf or someone hasn't figured this out.

Fireman, what model Sena do you have and would you do it again or go with something else? I'm liking the idea of the UClear just because there isn't a boom mic but real interested in the Sena 10D-11 too.
SMH-10 I really like the Sena, I have lots of friends with different ones and they recommended this one. I just ish it would pair with the HD, it worked well with my BMW

Old 06-19-2013, 09:14 PM
Machinegun Chuck
5th Gear

paulhog - yes, use a cell phone. My cell has more features than simply making phone calls. it also has GPS, streaming radio, a ton of really good music and oh, did I mention it's also a phone! When I'm on the road for hours, I would like to know that if needed I could be contacted - sometimes before I stop for gas. I am glad you don't have a reason to be contacted and that it works for you.

Quick Reply: Ultra Classic Bluetooth Adapter?