Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver to Passenger Headsets

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 09:07 PM
rhj
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Driver to Passenger Headsets

We've had the Scala Rider G2 headsets but one of the mikes is dangling from the earpiece. I've been somewhat disappointed with wind noise since we've had them and wondered if anyone's experience with other units has been better. Not worried about bike to bike communication. Appreciate any advice.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:50 AM
MikeBel
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,564 Likes on 671 Posts

Bump. Someone must have some feedback, no?

Old 06-19-2013, 12:14 PM
tOSUSteve
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Not first hand experience with them, but read good reviews http://www.jmcorp.com/index.htm

Old 06-19-2013, 12:38 PM
hawg20
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never understood rider to passenger headsets. I just turn my head a little and she leans forward knowing I want to talk. Bike to bike makes sense but haven't invested yet!

Old 06-19-2013, 12:43 PM
mmf
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Use the Sena smh10 when I travel with my son. Great for rider to passenger communications. It has bluetooth that syncs to my iphone for music and he can sync his to what ever device he is using at the time. Also use it for bike to bike communications but it only works for about 1/4 in certain areas.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:03 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,075 Likes on 2,558 Posts

We both wear helmets with face shields and honestly, unless I flip mine up a little and scream, my wife can't hear me.

I'd like to know how the work with face shields and wind noise.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:17 PM
mmf
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
We both wear helmets with face shields and honestly, unless I flip mine up a little and scream, my wife can't hear me.

I'd like to know how the work with face shields and wind noise.
The ones we use are on full face helmets. I have tried it on my half helmet and that works too but not as well. If you have 3/4 helmets should be fine. The set I got came with boom mikes.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:33 PM
DPelletier
Tourer

Originally Posted by hawg20
I've never understood rider to passenger headsets. I just turn my head a little and she leans forward knowing I want to talk. Bike to bike makes sense but haven't invested yet!
you obviously use a half helmet (at the most) try it with 3/4's or FF's and you will understand.

Dave

Old 06-19-2013, 02:41 PM
Python357
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,674 Likes on 677 Posts

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
Same here, I wear a 1/2 when I ride solo, when the wife rides along we have a couple Nolan 104's. This spring we added J&M headsets - I have a '12 FLHTK so the bike is set up for headsets. Last night was our first test run and we had to stop a couple times to try to get everything set (VOX, F/R radio volume, F/R intercom volume). It worked ok, but if I was to do it over again I would have got the Elite version rather than the performance (in the store it sounded fine, on the road I think it sounds like a '60's AM car radio). The mike seems to have to be real close to your mouth for it to pick up (I know this can be tuned with thicker/thinner mike socks and adjusting the VOX - but mine seemed OK while the wife's was hit and miss.) Road noise didn't turn the mike on, but when you talk there is a fair amount of background noise. There is also a small delay before the mike kicks in and the radio cuts out so you need to get into the habit of saying your first word twice. Some of the background noise may be due to the modular helmets being a bit louder. Its not a perfect system and I do not have anything to compare it to, but it is definitely better than lifting the shield, turning and yelling about something two miles back....

Old 06-19-2013, 05:06 PM
Tedjay
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sena SMH-10. Wife and I use them for rider - passenger comm with FF helmets. We're pleased with the Sena's.

Quick Reply: Driver to Passenger Headsets