Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ideas to clean-up the front and rear light setups

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 11:54 AM
sgnden
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Ideas to clean-up the front and rear light setups

So - I am about to get into the search for options to replace the stock driving light and turn signal bar in favor of the rigs that bolt-on each side. I recall seeing Kury had some but curious what you guys may be using.

Also - Rear. I have stock rear RK with a BAL tail light/brake light and want to lose that huge bar. Maybe a SG setup?

I just did:

Rinehart True Duals Classic w/ 4" mufflers
Andrews 57 cams
Chrome front end
Carlini Flying Apes
SS Braided cables
Klock Werks plain front fender
(Pics coming in a few days)

I am going to sell my Dragonfly fairing and Sony stereo setup and keep going with this bike to "clean it up". That is, make it sleek and simple.

So I want to clean 'er up.

Any ideas?

Old 06-16-2013, 12:37 PM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

On the front I wanted keep driving lights so simply replaced turn signals with bullets. On rear I'd look for a '09 Street Glide fender so you can keep BAL. You see them for sale often with people upgrading aftermarket fenders.

Old 06-16-2013, 12:38 PM
painey
Road Warrior
Received 241 Likes on 115 Posts

I also wanted to clean my RK up and lose the large turn signals front and back but allow the RK to keep its identity
What I did was, fit a narrow RK rear turn signal bar and fit HD bullets front and rear along with moving the licence place mount and fitting a layback rear light lens.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:08 PM
sgnden
Road Master

Originally Posted by painey
I also wanted to clean my RK up and lose the large turn signals front and back but allow the RK to keep its identity
What I did was, fit a narrow RK rear turn signal bar and fit HD bullets front and rear along with moving the licence place mount and fitting a layback rear light lens.
Looks nice! Mine is on '09 (wider rear) but this could still work.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:09 PM
sgnden
Road Master

Originally Posted by acchd
On the front I wanted keep driving lights so simply replaced turn signals with bullets. On rear I'd look for a '09 Street Glide fender so you can keep BAL. You see them for sale often with people upgrading aftermarket fenders.
Thanks for the idea to use a SG rear fender etc. Good thought.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:38 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by painey

That's very clean. Like it.

Old 06-16-2013, 03:50 PM
BrownSanta
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

for the rear you could go with custom dynamics mega plasma rods

Old 06-16-2013, 04:52 PM
Jarhead2269
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

My plan to clean up the look of my '11 FLHTP by removing all visible turn signals, front and rear. In the front I will remove the stock turn signals, in the stock spot light i will purchase dual-purpose led's from www.v-leds.com that will allow my spot lights to remain active with white light during normal operation, but once i hit the blinker will blink amber. In the back i will purchase the multi function brake light from CD that operates as running light/brake light and both blinkers.
With this setup i will retain all functions but will eliminate the visible blinker housings.

Another option i thought of was putting the v-led's in my stock blinker housings, allowing for 5 front facing white lights while keeping the stock look and functional turn signals

Last edited by Jarhead2269; 06-17-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:00 AM
JonW
Road Warrior
Received 349 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Jarhead2269
My plan to clean up the look of my '11 FLHTP by removing all visible turn signals, front and rear. In the front I will remove the stock turn signals, in the stock spot light i will purchase dual-purpose led's from www.v-leds.com that will allow my spot lights to remain active with white light during normal operation, but once i hit the blinker will blink amber. In the back i will purchase the multi function brake light from CD that operates as running light/brake light and both blinkers.
With this setup i will retain all functions but will eliminate the visible blinker housings.

Another option i thought of was putting the v-led's in my stock blinker housings, allowing for 5 front facing white lights while keeping the stock look and functional turn signals
Can you give more info and photos please?

Old 11-19-2013, 11:25 AM
DeiGratia
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on SG rear on RK. Luck out when a member here was getting rid of his 09 SG rear fender. ****** it up and slapped it on my 09 RK and voila. Replaced the stock laydown brake lights and turn signal lights with LEDs from Custom Dynamics. Really cleaned up the look.

Quick Reply: Ideas to clean-up the front and rear light setups