Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

detachable tour pack

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2013 | 08:34 AM
joe mayo
|
Cruiser
Default detachable tour pack

For you guys with the detachable tour packs. When your tour pack is off, do any of you put on the passenger backrest, if you have one.
I'm buying the detachable kit but can't decide on the xtra dollars for the backrest.
also.....for those of you that changed seats...what did you change to?
I understand the stock seat doesn't look too good...am I right?

Last edited by joe mayo; 06-15-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Old 06-15-2013 | 08:42 AM
oricko
Tourer

Never, the tour pack goes on for long trips and when wife is with me. The wife likes the space for purse and other odds and ends.

Old 06-15-2013 | 10:47 AM
BillinSC
Cruiser

Only when the wife is riding and it's a short hop. The backrest is nice to have when you need it. When riding solo without wife I don't have the backrest attached.

Old 06-15-2013 | 10:56 AM
mmf
Cruiser

Yes TP for long trips only. Then switch out for sissy bar with tourrest, which is just like the backrest on the TP when I need to ride two up. But I prefer nothing if riding solo.

Old 06-15-2013 | 12:39 PM
juststrokeit383
Advanced

I ride by myself 90% of the time. I enjoy having the ole lady ride with me but she is always too busy.

When she does ride with me on a vacation or somewhere with long days of riding, I use my Mustang touring seat for the both of us and the tour pak. She rides very comfortable and sometimes I gotta fight to keep her awake!

If we go to a bike night or something I just throw the backrest on and leave the stock seat on. I enjoy the stock seat for short rides or long ones.

Bike night or bar hopping I always put a backrest on for her. Just in case I get the itch to get on the throttle a little bit I wont find her parking her butt in the middle of the street. haha..

Old 06-15-2013 | 01:15 PM
Expat1
Road Master
From: Annemasse (border of Geneva-Switzerland) facing Mt-Blanc.

For long trips we appreciate the TourPak with the seat of the Classic, for local rides I install the thinner seat of the "Standard" FLHT + a medium backrest + rack. It takes 10 minutes to swap everything.

Old 06-15-2013 | 02:29 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member

Riding single, I keep it stripped down, but if the G/F comes along she prefers using the tour pack so she can bring along her stuff.

Old 06-15-2013 | 03:33 PM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member

No backrest if riding solo. I put the Tour Pak back on with the wife.

Old 07-01-2013 | 08:27 PM
Chuck1
Road Warrior

I have the backrest/sissy bar too. I like changing it up. I don't run with tour pak all year. I like the look sometimes with the sissy bar, a must if you give someone a ride and to tie down something. Sometimes run with nothing. Easier to put on sissy bar in a hurry too.

Old 07-01-2013 | 08:32 PM
gonenomad
Advanced

Usually I just leave the tour pak on because it's so damn convenient. It's nice to be able to carry a case of beer or whatever else I want to bring home from the store. If I do take the tour pak off I also put my solo seat on the bike. This seems to be happening less and less though.

Quick Reply: detachable tour pack