Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

never again

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 09:17 AM
miltflhx
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default never again

Never again will I purchase a bike from an individual that has a lien on it. I am glad to be back on a street glide, but. Have had the bike 3 going on 4 weeks and still have not received release of lien. I can do nothing but sit and wait. The person I purchased the bike from is getting sick of hearing from me. I can do nothing by calling hd financial because my name is not on the account. Got in a hurry and bought the first sedona orange street glide I could find. Have not even rode the bike yet. So not for sure what my recourse is? Just be patient? Would love to ride before summer is over.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:26 AM
Frank Dukes
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

did you get a bill of sale? there is nothing to say you can not ride and insure based off of that.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:28 AM
Rumbles
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

what can some one say to make you feel better? it's too late to change things now you just got to hope he goes and pays it off. I have bought a couple things with liens and went down to the financial institution and paid the balance of the loan off with the current owner and then gave him the rest when the item is free and clear. Good Luck hope it gets resolved soon.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:29 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank Dukes
did you get a bill of sale? there is nothing to say you can not ride and insure based off of that.
can't register it without a title...................

Old 06-11-2013, 09:32 AM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,574 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Good luck.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:33 AM
Buff58
Cruiser

ouch .....

Old 06-11-2013, 09:38 AM
miltflhx
Cruiser

Your right hdv-glide. Cant register it at the sos in Michigan without the release of lien. I was with the person when the checks were sent to hd financial. I wrote a cashiers check, she wrote a personal check for the difference and over nighted the checks. I have a bill of sale and the title with her name and the lien holders name on it. I think everything is legit, but had no idea it would take this long.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:42 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by miltflhx
Your right hdv-glide. Cant register it at the sos in Michigan without the release of lien. I was with the person when the checks were sent to hd financial. I wrote a cashiers check, she wrote a personal check for the difference and over nighted the checks. I have a bill of sale and the title with her name and the lien holders name on it. I think everything is legit, but had no idea it would take this long.
How long of a time period are you talking about? This may take at least a week or two by the time her check clears the bank and they get the necessary documents back to you.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:44 AM
Kadorja
Road Captain
Received 157 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by HDV-GLIDE
can't register it without a title...................
That's the entire point of a bill of sale is to register the vehicle so the title isn't needed. I recently sold my Crossbones on ebay and that's basically the only way to go unless the buyer wanted to pay off my loan and trust me with his money and bike.

The buyer will still receive the the title afterwards but its proof you legally own the vehicle in the meantime.

To the OP. Sorry it's taking so long but you should of gotten a bill of sale or went directly to their bank and had the bike paid off and transferred the title to your name right there. It sucks but it's the only way. I went back and forth from his bank to my bank trying to get them to talk to each other and get the sale moving. After requiring so much damn info he paid my loan off and I sent the bike to him. I did add a bill of sale just in case when I sent him the bike so he could get it registered and ride the day he go it.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:46 AM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,301 Likes on 781 Posts

HD Financial doesn't get in a hurry about anything. It took over a month for me to get a letter from them saying my loan had been paid off after I refinanced with a local Credit Union. I also don't believe HD Financial accepts personal checks for Pay Off

Quick Reply: never again