Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight flasher gone bad

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 07:56 PM
BiggestDawg
Advanced HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by last12know
thats when the out i left myself comes in handy...

ride like they don't know your there....
Excellent plan because you can be dam sure that they don't!

Old 06-12-2013, 08:13 PM
RussH
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Nothing says pullout in front of me like a head light flashing. lol

Old 06-12-2013, 10:46 PM
my67pnycar
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BiggestDawg
Since your new here I can let it go! Yes you were correct the comments that you said would come did. I am more interested in the actual problem and not what people think of the modulator. I was more anoyed with the other remarks not yours and shouldn't have lumped you in the group my bad. Since previous checks of the lamp had given me no reason to consider that it was anything other than stock I didn't look at it first. Yes a cager with their head up their *** is dangerous no matter what safety precautions we take.

My riding and reaction skills are why I am still alive today! I count on them every day. Anything I can use to hedge things to my favor are worth consideration.

My perspective on a lot of safety items changed a lot after getting into my wreck.

A member for 3 years is new? Since you are gracious enough to let it go and we are chummy now, have you looked to see if you have the stock bulb and your wiring you said might be shorting out is it good? Have you thought about LED? They make a modulator for LED lights now days. They also make a ceramic connector that wont melt with the higher wattage bulb. I will look and attach links. Have you also thought about just starting over with a new modulator, one that dont have damaged wiring? Since we are on the subject of safety, how bout a BAL? Nothing but good reviews from forum members, I have a TLPH7 set and BLA1 waiting on me when I get done sucking sand this time, cant wait. Anyway, I hope you figure it out man.

Ceramic heatproof connector: http://compare.ebay.com/like/3309236...Types&var=sbar

LED modulator: http://www.kriss.com/harleyledmod.php

Old 06-12-2013, 11:34 PM
FXDXTSport
Stellar HDF Member
Received 540 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by BiggestDawg
I didn't realize that I had bumped the ******* tree and knocked a few out!
Dawg, I like that response. Hope you don't mind if I use it sometime I ran a modulator on my 2001 dyna for 10 years. It quit working when I switched to the LED headlight. I didn't have any burning of the modulator or the connecting wires.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:27 AM
BiggestDawg
Advanced HDF Member

Originally Posted by my67pnycar6
A member for 3 years is new? Since you are gracious enough to let it go and we are chummy now, have you looked to see if you have the stock bulb and your wiring you said might be shorting out is it good? Have you thought about LED? They make a modulator for LED lights now days. They also make a ceramic connector that wont melt with the higher wattage bulb. I will look and attach links. Have you also thought about just starting over with a new modulator, one that dont have damaged wiring? Since we are on the subject of safety, how bout a BAL? Nothing but good reviews from forum members, I have a TLPH7 set and BLA1 waiting on me when I get done sucking sand this time, cant wait. Anyway, I hope you figure it out man.

Ceramic heatproof connector: http://compare.ebay.com/like/3309236...Types&var=sbar

LED modulator: http://www.kriss.com/harleyledmod.php
A little tongue in cheek there and since I have been a member for 8 years anything less is new to me My apologies again for the short fuse. I post what is a serious question to me and with in the first few posts I am getting attitude about it and lashed out more than I should have. If you ever find yourself in the great PacNW I owe you some beer and I am a home brewer so I make some decent beer.

I had to go out of town so I have not been able to follow up on the rest. I am pretty sure that it is a stock bulb however I will check. The wiring close to the plug is good but I am going to be tracing that a little further in. I have looked at LED but it is currently outside of my budget. Also I have read some posts from others about how flat the beam is and how it doesn't light the peripheral as well when you are in twisties and canyons and the parts guy I was talking with yesterday said that is true. He was suggesting PIAA bulbs. Says they are cheaper than LED and are nice and bright too. The one thing he was stating though is that he thinks it pulls the same amount of power as a stock bulb. I have not looked at BAL as of yet. I will take a close look at the ceramic plug I don't really like th eplastic one very well and having fried one on my previous bike something that will stand up is of interest to me. I will be checking out the links. Thank you

Thank you for your service! I did four years active Navy with two tours in WestPAC and then several years inactive reserve but it was a different military in my day being post Post Vietnam

Old 06-13-2013, 01:10 AM
my67pnycar
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

No worries man, thanks for the thanks. Dont think Ill be riding cross country anytime soon, will stick with warm coastal Georgia,lol.. Tip a home made frosty one for me and my brothers/sisters that are sucking sand with me. Hope you get it figured out, stay safe and keep the shiney side up!!

Old 06-21-2013, 05:48 PM
BiggestDawg
Advanced HDF Member

Well so far I have not blown any fuses since removing the module so I am feeling that it was the cause of the problems.