Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour Pack tail light

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 09:00 PM
echoooo
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tour Pack tail light

Hi. I just bought a usedultra tour pack taillight to install on my classic. Someoneis able to xerox the installation template and send it to me or one know where I can find one? Echoooo

Old 02-24-2007, 09:46 PM
DKB
1st Gear
Default RE: Tour Pack tail light

I just installed a tail light set up on my tour pak and still have the instructions. I would be happy to send them to you. Send me your snail mail address tokeith@rabidpress.com. Also, check out the LED Tour Pak lights at http://www.ridetimetechnology.com. I am putting those on my bike. Very bright andinclude directional lights.

Old 02-26-2007, 01:06 AM
05 Ultra
Road Master
Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: DKB

I just installed a tail light set up on my tour pak and still have the instructions. I would be happy to send them to you. Send me your snail mail address tokeith@rabidpress.com. Also, check out the LED Tour Pak lights at http://www.ridetimetechnology.com. I am putting those on my bike. Very bright andinclude directional lights.
I was wondering when someone would come out with an LED retro for the tail lights. I love the blinker option. Be sure to keep us informed on how you like them. I need a winter project.LOL

Old 02-26-2007, 03:26 PM
DKB
1st Gear

Installation instructions in the mail to you today.
Ride Hard, DKB

Old 02-26-2007, 03:53 PM
Bushy
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

not very handy when it comes to spliceing and slicing

Old 02-26-2007, 03:54 PM
Bushy
Road Warrior

has anyone installed these lights?? degree of cursing? anyone??? Bueller??

Old 03-02-2007, 10:27 PM
Bushy
Road Warrior

follow up, installed both side and tail lights today/ a quick call to Keith and the wire problem was solved, looks good and works better. glad to see there is others who see visions of safety and go with it, wish the MOCO would
thanks again

Old 03-03-2007, 12:24 AM
05 Ultra
Road Master
Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 03-03-2007, 12:27 PM
BirchwhiteHD
Road Master

I'd like to have the rear brake light kit installed on my king tour pak to add some more visibility to the rear of my bike .I'd rather not have to pay a few hours labor at my dealer @75.00 per hour,whats the pucker factor making these cuts in the tour pak,i'm guessing someone has done this them selfs and can let us know about what tools are needed and maybe a fool proof way to line everything up before the cutting. I'm thinking at worst i'll need to replace the lower on the tour pak should i screw this up

any advise ??

thanks

Old 03-03-2007, 09:56 PM
FLGEEZ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Birchwhite,
I did this on the trike. It's not that hard. Get over the pucker part and if you can operate a drill motor slow and a hack saw blade in a rag, you'll do fine. Tape up the whole back end with painters blue tape, set your unit aside, and trust the pattern. cut smaller than the outline and hand sand up to it, checking often. Set aside an afternoon so you don't feel rushed. Take you box off, set it on a good work surface. You can leave it on your bike, but you will need to access the under plate anyway. Don't leave you lid open and walk away for a beer without a bag o sand in the box.

Basic tools: in fiberglass -- Variable speed drill, hack saw blade (pull handle) sand paper and block, round and flat draw file.

Drill all the round corners, then cut the flats across the tour pack corners -- like starting a saw blade on a piece of wood.

I got an estimate of 2.5 hours at a local. If it got scratched, I did it, and that is better than an explanation. Don't let the bike on a stand thing get you again. Try putting Smart Flasher unit on at the same time. The trike has the Uppers flash and the Hip Lights just brake.

PM for support

[IMG]local://upfiles/17522/9E52D25CC487479F87B3EBD20201C5C9.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Tour Pack tail light