Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lowering Road King Custom (FLHRS)

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 08:39 PM
HDChloe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lowering Road King Custom (FLHRS)

Hey everyone,

I want to lower my Road King Custom. I know it is already lowered in the rear, but I would like to see what else I can do. Has anyone done this? What about lowering just the front end? I am not looking for anything radical, but I would like it a bit closer to the ground. I do ride 2 up sometimes so perhaps I am being a fool.

Thoughts?

Old 02-24-2007, 08:42 PM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: lowering Road King Custom (FLHRS)

Do a search, there have been some good discussions on the subject of lowering. I went to 11.5"/rear and haven't done anything to the front....yet.

Old 02-24-2007, 08:48 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

you say the bike is already lowered in the rear???? If the bike is stock in the rear you can NOT just lower the front.. You asked for other options?? I am a firefighter and we have a "Frequent flyer" (she falls down a lot and calls usto stand her back up)that has earned the nickname 480 Katie - put her on the back and go for a ride - bike will surly ride lower

Old 02-24-2007, 08:49 PM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have a RKC and I wanted to lower it...I heard some people say they have no problems and some people do. I do a lot of 2 up riding and I have decided to leave it alone.

I'd suggest leaving it alone.

Old 02-24-2007, 08:49 PM
HDChloe
Road Captain

I tried a search, but I must not know what I am doing.
I understand the pros/cons of lowering, but I guess I am asking what parts did you use to lower your bike? Where did you get them?

p.s. When I said it is lowered in the rear, I meant it is stock (the Custom is lower than the other Road Kings).

Old 02-24-2007, 08:52 PM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: HDChloe

I tried a search, but I must not know what I am doing.
I understand the pros/cons of lowering, but I guess I am asking what parts did you use to lower your bike? Where did you get them?

Only thing I did was replace the stock factory system with Progressive 11.5s. SImple swap. The front will require a total disassembly of the forks. Not hard, just more time involved.

Old 02-24-2007, 11:23 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I've noticed that HD offers two lowering kits for the front forks. Anybody know what the difference is between them?

Old 02-25-2007, 01:59 AM
cjuetten
Tourer

I installed the Touringkit on my RK Custom when Ichromed the front end. No handling problems and it lowered it about 1" on the front or about 1/2" at the seat. As far as the difference between the two kit it looks like for an extra $100you can convert it toair ride similar totheDressers.....I could be wrong though.

Old 02-25-2007, 04:33 AM
cycleboy1450
Advanced

I used a 1 1/2 RUB lowering kit. Worked fine but I had to make a bracket for the front saddlebag mount for both sides. 2007 RoadKing Custom.

Old 02-25-2007, 04:47 AM
Fast Eddie
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I lowered the front of mine with the HD Profile front lowering kit. I lowered the rear with So-Low lowering blocks (they do not change the shock angle so you use the Road King Custom saddlebags) combined with the Legend Air ride system. I used the lowering blocks so that when the Legend System is fully extendedthe rear sits at the same height as the stock Road King Custom rear and is compatible with the lowered front end. I also lowered the front fender to be closer to the tire. This restored the distance from the bottom of the trees to the top of the fender that was decreased when the front end was lowered.

[IMG]local://upfiles/21029/DA2CF56C012B43C3AD5C864458F80519.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: lowering Road King Custom (FLHRS)