Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 09:52 PM
sgillikin
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Recommendations

I have a 2010 EG Ultra Classic and am 6'2", 275 pounds. The stock seat makes me feel like I am too high on the bike and sitting on top of the gas tank. My other bike is a Road King and it seems to sit so much lower and back from the tank. I love the comforts of the Ultra but hate the riding position. I have looked at, but haven't sat on, the Le Pera Maverick Daddy Long Legs and the Mustang Super Touring. Thoughts or suggestions? Please!

Old 06-07-2013, 10:35 PM
ZenGlide
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like you are a good candidate for the Mustang Super Solo and pillion. It sits you back and down some. Don't forget you can also extend your footboards out an inch and forward an inch with some extenders.

Old 06-08-2013, 12:36 PM
bigheadted
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

I am about your size, 6'2" 32" inseam and have tried the stock RKC seat, Tallboy, Sundowner and Corin Dual Tour. The Tallboy sucks. Stock is ok for 200 miles.The Sundowner I thought was real comfy and it was good for 400 or so and neeeded a sheepsking pad after that. I tried the Corbin. At first the Corbin seemed way too hard to be comfy. I ride annually from Northern Ca to Phoenix Az usually straight through. My driveway to my Baby Brothers Driveway is around 925miles. With the Sundowner I had to use a sheepskin pad, switching it several times to be comortable but with the Corbin I never needed it. So in my opinion and the way I am shaped the Corbin really was by far the best.

Old 06-08-2013, 01:57 PM
my1sthog
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bigheadted
I am about your size, 6'2" 32" inseam and have tried the stock RKC seat, Tallboy, Sundowner and Corin Dual Tour. The Tallboy sucks. Stock is ok for 200 miles.The Sundowner I thought was real comfy and it was good for 400 or so and neeeded a sheepsking pad after that. I tried the Corbin. At first the Corbin seemed way too hard to be comfy. I ride annually from Northern Ca to Phoenix Az usually straight through. My driveway to my Baby Brothers Driveway is around 925miles. With the Sundowner I had to use a sheepskin pad, switching it several times to be comortable but with the Corbin I never needed it. So in my opinion and the way I am shaped the Corbin really was by far the best.
Hey do you think your dad would be interested in adopting me? lol

Old 06-08-2013, 02:11 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,574 Likes on 1,498 Posts

The hammock won't lower you,but it will sit you back. It is also the most comfortable seat I have ever sat on. Pricey,but well worth it IMHO.

Old 06-08-2013, 03:36 PM
JetD
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tried the HD Seat Demo?

My girl and I tried a number of the dealer demo seats for several days last year before her first big bike trip. We ended up with the Hammock; which she loved and worked ok for me.
The tallboy felt good for me, but was not going to buy 2 seats (although I do have a couple of OEM UltraClassic styles in the storeroom).
I figgered I'd be taking the Hammock off between our trips, but it has not come off.... (I'm about your height/inseam).
Interesting to me is the seat must be ok for me because I don't even think about it when riding between fillups....

Old 06-08-2013, 04:39 PM
12hdrk
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sgillikin
I have a 2010 EG Ultra Classic and am 6'2", 275 pounds. The stock seat makes me feel like I am too high on the bike and sitting on top of the gas tank. My other bike is a Road King and it seems to sit so much lower and back from the tank. I love the comforts of the Ultra but hate the riding position. I have looked at, but haven't sat on, the Le Pera Maverick Daddy Long Legs and the Mustang Super Touring. Thoughts or suggestions? Please!
I have a LePera Continental. It is a 2 up. Nice and wide for driver and passenger. Sits me lower and back compared to stock road king seat. I felt stock seat put the "boys" up on the tank. Friends mustang was even worse and it raised me up an inch. You are 6'2". I'm 5'9" so YMMV. Anyway a very firm seat which I like. Some find them a bit hard bit I've noticed numb butt comes from too soft not too firm.

Old 06-08-2013, 06:39 PM
vistavette
Stellar HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 129 Posts

Contact Mean City Cycles www.meancitycycles.com. They'll adjust your seat to your specs, put in better foam...whatever you need at a really reasonable price. Ive used them twice.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:19 PM
Ryder7140
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've tried most of them too. Mustang always sits me to high. Most comfortable was a Corbin on a soft tail custom. I have a Corbin on my Ultra glide now. It sat me just a little higher than I thought it would but still the most comfortable to me of all the seats I've tried on it.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:51 PM
TeamMudd
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

i'm a mustang fan!! bought the mustang 79556 with the sales i saw them for (payed $560), set me back a bit, and i like the ride... especially that it has the backrest!! i'm 6'2" 275, and i'm happy with mine.

Quick Reply: Seat Recommendations