Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arai pricing??

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 05:06 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Arai pricing??

Been looking for a new Arai RX7/CORSAIR Full face helmet - anyone know of any killer prices/deals out there. I have been talking to Chad @ Wills garage/Wilzgarage. Seems like he is good to go (out of stock on solid black) anyone have any dealing with this dealer?? Have to buy two helments and Arai does not come cheap, thats why I am looking for the best deal out there ...
I guess I have been living in a shoe box - We have had our Arai's now for 9 years - there is a shelf live to helments???? from what I can fine/read this is not just a legeand but for real - or they say????lol

Old 02-24-2007, 05:10 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Arai pricing??

I got an rx7rr4 last eyar for $299 at www.derbycycles.com I think it was on closeout. What a deal though.

Old 02-24-2007, 07:24 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks,,, checked the web page and then called - they only have "one" Arai RX-7 Corsair Edwards-5 Star Helmet = turns out this Co. only buys closeouts - but they have great prices - my phone call yeild that solid colors usually do not show up and that is what I am after - just plain black...

Old 02-24-2007, 08:29 PM
Mr Wonderful
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: harley0711

Been looking for a new Arai RX7/CORSAIR Full face helmet - anyone know of any killer prices/deals out there. I have been talking to Chad @ Wills garage/Wilzgarage. Seems like he is good to go (out of stock on solid black) anyone have any dealing with this dealer?? Have to buy two helments and Arai does not come cheap, thats why I am looking for the best deal out there ...
I guess I have been living in a shoe box - We have had our Arai's now for 9 years - there is a shelf live to helments???? from what I can fine/read this is not just a legeand but for real - or they say????lol
Your 9 year old helmets should be trashed. Feel how hard the EPS liner is....that is the stuff that compresses instead of your skull. Cut off the straps, smack them with a hammer and toss them in the can.
Arai now warrants their helmets for at least 5 years, unless you compromise the integrity by dropping it, etc. It's your head....buy what you think the ol' hard drive is worth! Arai's are expensive.....500 bucks or so....but if you get 5 years out of it, what's 100 bucks a year for Snell protection?

Old 02-24-2007, 08:44 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Mr Wonderful

Your 9 year old helmets should be trashed. Feel how hard the EPS liner is....that is the stuff that compresses instead of your skull. Cut off the straps, smack them with a hammer and toss them in the can.
Arai now warrants their helmets for at least 5 years, unless you compromise the integrity by dropping it, etc. It's your head....buy what you think the ol' hard drive is worth! Arai's are expensive.....500 bucks or so....but if you get 5 years out of it, what's 100 bucks a year for Snell protection?

Ya,Ya,Ya - how much does Arai pay you to sprew this crap????

Got your attention - I know they need to be replaced - just learned that info this past Nov and I plan to do exactly what you suggested... I have learned to ask the "Forum" the $$$ question - in the past it has saved me a bunch - I am in the minority when it comes to Full face and Harley's... However, being a Firefighter for 34 years - even on the hottest rides - the Full Face feels right at home (fighting fire in a buring building and wearing a SBA) The wife wore a 3/4 on one ride and took a bug on the cheek - you won't catch here with out her FF now...

Old 02-24-2007, 08:46 PM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks,,, checked the web page and then called - they only have "one" Arai RX-7 Corsair Edwards-5 Star Helmet = turns out this Co. only buys closeouts - but they have great prices - my phone call yeild that solid colors usually do not show up and that is what I am after - just plain black...
Went to the site also, didn't call though. If I may ask, did they do you good on a price?

Old 02-24-2007, 08:50 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member

price was very good if a person needs a "med" andlikes that color... that color combo does not belong on a 56 year old...lol

NOTE == I did learn at the Ariai booth last Nov - when buying and esp if the Co sells Close outs... get the date that is stamped on the chin strap - it may already be a few years old and therefore have a shorter life on your head...

Old 02-24-2007, 09:17 PM
Mr Wonderful
Road Master

I am also in the minority....always wear at least a 3/4 helmet. Competition Accessories usually has good pricing. Cycle Gear is higher. I'm a big believer in helmet use.....have seen some pretty gnarly damage on helmets and can't imagine what would have happened to the head. One girl's face shield on a full face was just about ground through......so I wear an Arai Profile much of the time. Ya just never know.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:32 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member

Just checked Competition Accessories - actually Helmet shop in FL is $100 cheaper - I will be calling them on Monday to most likly place and order...

Old 02-24-2007, 10:08 PM
Mr Wonderful
Road Master

Just checked Competition Accessories - actually Helmet shop in FL is $100 cheaper - I will be calling them on Monday to most likly place and order...
You might call CA on the phone......they claim they will give you a better price verbally, because Arai won't allow them to publish pricing....at least it was that way in the past. Might be worth a call.
BTW, the new Profile is the most comfortable I've ever had.....

Quick Reply: Arai pricing??