Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arai pricing??

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 03:41 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts
Default RE: Arai pricing??

not real sure what the "rr4" is - only RX7 I find on the Arai web page is the Corsair?? Yes, a person can find quite a range of prices on the web now - I have found two right at the $400 range for the Crosair - I am going to do more research on getting a proper fit before I buy

Old 02-25-2007, 10:19 PM
Retired_Ted
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Madav8tr
Arai put themselves in a strange position in the marketplace a few years back by limiting online sales of their products. It may be different now, especially closeout stuff, but Arai used to have a policy that stated that the helmets could only be sold to a rder after it was properly fitted to the rider's head. Something to that effect and it didn't stop most retailers from selling online but it cost them a few customers over-all.
I believe Arai has changed their policy judging from The Helmet Shop's on-line catalog. I bought my last Aria Quantum at Bob's BMW in Baltimore - it was very comfortable except for the pressure points caused by my friggen glasses on my damn ears LOL - anyway, having Lasik done in a few weeks - good by glasses!! (Other than reading)

Old 02-26-2007, 02:32 AM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I wear a full face helmet most of the time... "cool" only goes so far, expecially when you do a face plant at 70 mph and skid 150 feet or so, not to mention striking an object, etc along the way.I also wear an armored textile jacket most of the time also, esp on my commute when battling rush hour traffic. I try to stack the odds a bit more in my favor.

I love the look and comfortof leather and half helmets, but most of the time I'm geared up for the worst.

Old 03-30-2007, 09:44 PM
WouldBeHD
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I thought bumping this would be better than starting another. Has anyone dealt with Helmetcity.com? Their prices seem to be fairly competitive. harley0711, did you ever get the RX-7 for ~$400? This is the helmet I'm eyeing and would like to know where you saw that price, as well as your opinion of the helmet.

Old 04-02-2007, 01:33 PM
chiabate
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The only way to buy a helmet is to try on the exact one you're considering buying. Period. Arai had the correct policy in the beginning, you can't have a tailor take in a seam, etc. If you want an excellent, lightweight snell-approved fullface at a reasonable price, check out www.leydendistributing.com same policy here, see your dealer for proper fitment.