Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me pull the trigger...

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013 | 02:59 PM
interwoven
|
Cruiser
Default Help me pull the trigger...

Ok I absolutely love my SuperGlide but am 90% convinced I want to move into the touring world and am liking the ElectraGlides with a quick detach setup for the tour packs so I can strip it down a little for cruising around town.

I am just having a hard time letting go of my SuperGlide as it is just so much fun to ride around town and I love the look of it. I would like both but that isn't possible right now and I really think I would ride more with the touring model.

So help me...talk me into this. Will I regret it or do you think even if I had both bikes once I "ride the glide" I wouldn't take the SuperGlide out that much? That's what I am thinking.

Old 06-05-2013 | 03:06 PM
agedwards63
Road Master

You will walk out and kick the Super Glide every time as you get on the Dresser and ride off 6 months after you get it you will wonder why you ever waited so long these new Touring bikes with the new frame and the 103 are the Shiz... take the word of an old V-Rod/Sportster/Softail rider if you have the means I highly recommend getting one today

Old 06-05-2013 | 03:10 PM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member

Get the street glide. The super glide is an iconic legend but if you are drawn to the street glide you should get the street glide and not waste anymore precious time wishing you had one. The street glide won't be as nimble or fast but it will be more comfortable and you can listen to your favorite tunes behind that wind protecting fairing. All there is too it is to do it. I am sure you will have a blast on the street glide.

Old 06-05-2013 | 03:12 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Get it,you know you want to.....

Old 06-05-2013 | 03:12 PM
Smitty79
Road Master

I traded my Dyna Street Bob on my 2011 Street Glide. I thought I'd miss my SB, but that ain't the case. The SG is more comfortable and handles better. I don't regret letting her go at all. You'll be the same way as soon as you do the deal & get some miles on the EG.

Old 06-05-2013 | 03:16 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member

........... just exactly where is this 'trigger' so many speak of ?

Old 06-05-2013 | 03:18 PM
Elqueso2
Cruiser

Originally Posted by agedwards63
You will walk out and kick the Super Glide every time as you get on the Dresser and ride off 6 months after you get it you will wonder why you ever waited so long these new Touring bikes with the new frame and the 103 are the Shiz... take the word of an old V-Rod/Sportster/Softail rider if you have the means I highly recommend getting one today
I couldn't agree more! Love my 2012 Ultra limited and find I'm not riding the Roadking that often. I still do ride it, but prefer the Ultra more. I just didn't have the heart to sell her and although she has over 80K, she still can spank at stock 110

Get the Ultra classic if you're always 2 up or the Street-glide if your solo most of the time.

Old 06-05-2013 | 03:19 PM
simpkinst
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by interwoven
Ok I absolutely love my SuperGlide but am 90% convinced I want to move into the touring world and am liking the ElectraGlides with a quick detach setup for the tour packs so I can strip it down a little for cruising around town.

I am just having a hard time letting go of my SuperGlide as it is just so much fun to ride around town and I love the look of it. I would like both but that isn't possible right now and I really think I would ride more with the touring model.

So help me...talk me into this. Will I regret it or do you think even if I had both bikes once I "ride the glide" I wouldn't take the SuperGlide out that much? That's what I am thinking.
Why do you want to shoot your bike?

And you shouldn't pull the trigger. The trigger should be squeezed with even pressure. Pulling the trigger will result on very inconsistent shots and plays havoc with your groups.

Old 06-05-2013 | 03:20 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Pull that trigger
GIFSoup

Old 06-05-2013 | 03:21 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by groupw
........... just exactly where is this 'trigger' so many speak of ?
It's on some kind of imaginary gun...I hope.

Quick Reply: Help me pull the trigger...