Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ipod/Itunes help

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 11:58 AM
Deucegurl
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ipod/Itunes help

I want to use my ipod on my Street Glide.......I went to Itunes to burn a cd for my bike and it wont burn it because the songs I want to use I purchased from the Itunes store.....is there anyway around this stupid feature? Next - if I plug my ipod in directly to my aux input can I control the songs up and down in any way?without fiddling with the ipod itself (handlebar controls?) Last question for now....where do you guys put your ipods. I checked out the windshield bags and they dont look like they fit my sleek and slim windshield. Sorry for all the ignorant questions........Im having a moment of technical difficulty this am.

Old 02-24-2007, 12:12 PM
onlythebest
Road Warrior
Default RE: Ipod/Itunes help

I put mine on the inner fairing to the left or right of the tac and speedo. I used black velcro from home depot. At first I used a charger/fm transmitter by IPOD Delkin that plugs into the cig lighter and also transmits the signal to an fm station. It worked fine. I then switched to a hard wire directly into the AUX port and into the IPOD ear phone hole. Apple or delkin sells the cord that has the male fittings on both ends to make the connection. Some guys made their own with old headphone cables. This method with the hard wire into the AUX port works fine also but you cant control the IPOD through the handlebar radio controls which is why I wanted to try it. I did not like reaching for the IPOD to change the song etc and take my hand off the bars.

Either way works fine. I like to have the IPOD charging all the time so I bought the cig lighter charger for it and continue to use the hard wire AUX port method. I am going to order this mount when it comes in http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp...ey&ci=3802
In june I am going to get the Iphone which is a phone, GPS, PDA, and IPOD all in one. I hate having several devices to carry. Although you cant answer the while while riding you can still see it and know you have a call and have visual access to the GPS and play your songs all at the same time. It will go great on the mount above.

Old 02-24-2007, 12:17 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Frostwire to download (free) and then transfer to i-tunes. 240 song i-pod Shuffle that plugs directly into the stereo with a custom plug I made...works fantastic. You can't use the handlebar controls to operate an i-pod...unless you have access to interface/enabling software!

Old 02-24-2007, 12:30 PM
EVOrider
Stellar HDF Member
Received 278 Likes on 203 Posts

The aux port works great...granted, you cannot use the handlebar controls to operate the device. That is the only downside though that I can think of.

I sometimes use the Mp3 player through the aux. port. Lately, I installed a 6CD changer in the tourpack so I have not been using the Mp3 player nearly as much. The Mp3 player does come along with me anyways though...because it does have lots of songs all over it.

The aux. port cable is in a Y configuration that I have and use. I can either use the Mp3 player or the passenger can use it this way. The cable is neatly tucked under the console and it comes out through the rear speaker hole. In the front, it comes out on the tank console. When not in use, the plug-in for the aux. port is secretly tucked away and is not visible. It looks completely stock this way and works great.

Old 02-24-2007, 12:30 PM
Hinzy
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Deucegurl,
No way around that with purchased songs,its a protected file(licensed)
I like bounty's setup but for mine its just velcroed to the fairing,no problems so far.
Get some pics up of that new scoot and congrats on the buy.
Hinzy

Old 02-24-2007, 02:32 PM
FUN2XSs
Cruiser

You can try playing the IPod into the an auxillary audio input into you PC and record it on hard drive, then organize the songs in the playing order you want and burn to disk. I use a cd player to play music like this and record to my hard drive and then mix and match the artists I like for good Road Trip Music and burn it to CD. I have also done this with old Cassette Tapes and some of my old albums. May work have FUN

Old 02-24-2007, 03:46 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

I run autocom as my intercom between rider/passanger - I also can plug my MP3 player/Ipod into my autocom and the music comes through my headset - when talk is between rider/passanger the volume automaticly drops on the autocom then comes back up once the talking stops... downside - volume has to be controled on MP3/Ipod - We just set it at a leval that works for us and just ride...

Old 02-24-2007, 04:08 PM
ponesma
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Deucegurl

I want to use my ipod on my Street Glide.......I went to Itunes to burn a cd for my bike and it wont burn it because the songs I want to use I purchased from the Itunes store.....is there anyway around this stupid feature? Next - if I plug my ipod in directly to my aux input can I control the songs up and down in any way?without fiddling with the ipod itself (handlebar controls?) Last question for now....where do you guys put your ipods. I checked out the windshield bags and they dont look like they fit my sleek and slim windshield. Sorry for all the ignorant questions........Im having a moment of technical difficulty this am.
Deucegurl, you should be able to burn a cd with songs you purchased from Itunes, I do it all the time. You have to do it from Itunes though. Create a playlist in Itunes and put the songs in the playlist that you want to burn to a CD. Right click on the playlist and select "Burn to CD". Remember you can only get abour 9-15 songs in that format (it will tell you if you have too mmany songs to fit on a CD).

If you have the new HK radio it will play straight mp3's. The trick to get your itunes purchased music (protected) into an mp3 format, it is simple. You must first burn them to a CD by using to procedure above. Then you need to tell Itunes to import music as MP3's. In Itunes select the "Edit" menu then select "Preferences". Select the "Advanced" tab. Then select "Import". In the "Import Using" box select "MP3 Encoder". In the "Setting" box right below that select "High Quality 192 kbps". That seems to be a very good sound. Then you can slect OK. Once you have that set you put the CD you just createdback into you pc and re-import them. They will now be MP3's. YOu will have two versions of the song in your library the Protected one and the MP3. I usually delete the Protected one then.

Now you can burn the MP3's directly to a CD as a file and you should be able to play then in your HK radio.

I know that was a LOT of info, if you want me to walk you though it let me know and maybe we can set a time and we can do it on the phone.

Good luck.

Old 02-24-2007, 04:40 PM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

MY Solution...

[IMG]local://upfiles/20949/0A9F7E996ED248CF889CEC44CF77427C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-24-2007, 06:52 PM
jdncoke2424
Intermediate

Thanks OTB,

That's exactly what i've been lookin for the Sat. Radio mount !!!!!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/18373/5907716618C743EE906BB259B475F954.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Ipod/Itunes help