Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First impression of Joe Rocket 5.0 mesh jacket.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 12:48 PM
Johnny K
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C908
In response to why would I want to wear black in the heat. If you notice most of the color choices are three tone. I chose the black with Hi Vis and light grey for visibility reasons. I had originally considered the light silver knowing it would be cooler but figured it would also show dirt a lot easier.It would be interesting to know which color is their number one seller. I guess another thing is after wearing black for so many years it's hard to get completely away from it. I have however quit wearing black t shirts in the summer.
The three tone ones always had a dark color, normally on the shoulders and upper back (where the sun hits, ya know), but this year they finally put out a silver and white one.

https://www.denniskirk.com/joe-rocke.../3572617XL.sku

My guess is that the number one seller is black, since looking cool > being cool for many folks.

You're probably right about the dirt showing. But since I got bugs in my teeth anyway.....

Old 06-06-2013, 12:56 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

As long as the mesh they use is not the cheap stuff that will burn into your skin on a get off, I guess their decent jackets. Myself, I bought a Vanson Mesh Jacket, sure more money but a lot better protection against road rash.

Old 06-07-2013, 09:02 AM
C908
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

I would like to say to the person that suggested to wear the liner over the jacket instead of under this a great idea. I just went out for a test ride to check this new jacket at 58 degrees on the highway. I wore a t shirt with a termal long sleeve t and the jacket. As I started out on the highway I could tell it was going to be a little cool so I pulled over and put the liner over the jacket. Goes on quick without the hassle of taking the jacket off first and then putting it back on. The rest of the ride was very comfortable and I will continue to use my new jacket this way.Another plus is in the rain the jacket will stay clean with the liner covering it.

Old 06-07-2013, 09:43 AM
alii1959
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I bought the RKC I was able to find one of the Hi-Viz Orange and black HD mesh jackets. While black is a bit warmer that I like, it has become one of my favorite jackets. I do like it though. I have mesh pants as well, but I want to replace them. They are more for sport riding and can be a bit uncomfortable when riding upright. Otherwise, here in Ga, it is mesh gear for the spring, summer, and fall.