Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decided to go for looks and not performance

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013 | 10:19 AM
Kadorja
|
Road Captain

Big surprise when I woke up today. I heard the UPS guy drop a package off but I didn't think it was going to be this!

Holy crap! I was pretty excited to see the fairing and baffles.... well.... actually baffle. Apparently even if the name of the product is quiet baffle for dual exhaust it's still just one baffle lol. I should of double checked so I had to order another one today. Oh well.

So I get to open the fairing package and it looks pretty damn good. It has some spots which are a little different looking... not sure if they're just dirty and need to be wiped down or if its a spot that needs to be sanded slightly before painting. It's a great looking fairing... seems simple to install as well. The windscreen was tinted lexan and still had the paper protecting it. Very happy with it. 4 4" speaker holes and radio hole cut as well. Seems easy enough to install everything. Slight gap at the top where it meets the windscreen but some black RTV should fix that.

The wheel should be in on Thursday or Friday so a tire will be going on this weekend. I may install everything at once or just put the fairing on for now to see how I like it and see if I need a new windscreen or not. I love it. Very happy with it and hope I can get it painted soon.

Old 06-13-2013 | 11:09 PM
Kadorja
|
Road Captain

Last piece of the puzzle came in today.

Getting a tire put on hopefully Saturday if they have one in stock. As long as everything goes right I'll have the fairing mounted and the new wheel on this weekend. Need to find someone to paint the fairing but I think I have it narrowed down. Sorry it's still in the plastic. Snapped the picture right before I left for work. Probably not even going to take it out until I take it in to get a tire put on so I know if they scratch anything.

Old 06-13-2013 | 11:48 PM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member

gonna be nice, thanks for your service..

Old 06-15-2013 | 08:44 PM
Kadorja
|
Road Captain

Tire installed on the wheel but still needs to go on the bike tomorrow. I'm curious about tire sizes though. My stock size is a 90/90-16 which I thought was a 90mm wide tire. The new one is 130/60-21 and it's almost a full inch narrower and the sidewall is a lot smaller. I know car tires are width in mm and sidewall size in % of the width. So a 90/90 should be narrower with the same sidewall size of the 130/60?

I have no idea but it looks like it will fit just fine. A little narrower than what I thought it was going to be but it works. I guess it's the same tire from the new Breakout. After a little work today I managed to install the new fairing. I may forgo a full stereo but instead use the amp I have and hook up the 4 speakers to it. The bag covers up the stereo spot so it would look pretty nice. I just need the speakers and need to solder on the new connections. Any ideas of some good 4" speakers I can throw in there?

Hopefully tomorrow I can get the wheel on and go for another ride. Love the way it looks right now.

Last edited by Kadorja; 06-15-2013 at 08:48 PM.
Old 06-16-2013 | 09:32 PM
Kadorja
|
Road Captain

Well she's mostly done for now. Need to bleed the brakes and get the fairing painted but I love it as it is... well besides the squishy front brake. Damn thing goes all the way down and still will roll.

Lifted

Slammed

Old 06-16-2013 | 10:58 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member

I agree with your decision. High performance parts only reduce the reliability of the machine. And most stock 600cc metric 4 bangers will still blow it away. Going for style is better.

The assembled parts on the bike look good. The seat is particularly nice.

Your on the money with the rear wheel. I can't see a reason to change it.

Once you paint the fairing you can roll down the road looking good!