Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike To Bike Intercom.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 12:18 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Bike To Bike Intercom.

the Interphone system seems to be the best...check out the links for yourself...i read em all and the scala wireless is reported crap...but yall read the links...here they are

https://www.hdforums.com/m_1326679/tm.htm

Old 03-01-2007, 12:46 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

ORIGINAL: BOARGAURD

for those with autocomms.... where can you mount these on an EG and how do the cords hook up for the headsets?
I mounted mine under the left panel just above the passanger floor board and the connectors come out there and I used a nylon tie to hold them to the rear bar - very simple - in fact - I have it hooked up to the Acces switch - I have gone on three HD fly&rides - I take my unit with me and once I get away from the dealer - I pull over and hook it up.... again, Very simple.. These units are not cheap but they Work

Old 03-01-2007, 01:35 PM
joeschmoe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for those with autocomms.... where can you mount these on an EG and how do the cords hook up for the headsets?
I mounted my autocomm box with velcro onto the main fuse hidden under the painted cover. I ran both the Rider and passenger cables up in between the frame and battery. Poked the riders out by the tank and put the OL's out where the back rest hole is. I plan on using GMRS radios and that cable will go to the tourpack where I plan on mounting my GMRS radio with velco...With the Autocomm it comes with a 7 pin round connector.....Easily connected wering HEAVY gloves....

I will admit that the Autcomm headsets SUCK,Autocomm wants you to tape the microphone to the inside of the helmet and velcro the earbuds ( I can't call them speakers) to the chin strap.

I orginally purchased the Autocomm Active-Plus Duo Kit....Should have saved my money on the headesets...I have purchased 2 sets from J&M of their Elite headsets,they have the microphone form fitted into a clamp device that attaches to the helmet with 2 setscrews(a very positive attachment)There is absolutley no comparision between the 2. Autocomms have to be placed perfectly over the ear, and with velcro holding theearbuds in place and your ears hit them as you put the helmet on you will wind up moving them out of range ofhearing them;and in my case that was about half way down on the chin strap inside the helmet.

With the J&M headsets they mount in the ear pocket of the helmet and you can hear very thing crystal clear even voice on cell phone is better than holdiing the phone to your ear!!!

Old 03-01-2007, 02:24 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

ORIGINAL: joeschmoe

I mounted my autocomm box with velcro onto the main fuse hidden under the painted cover. I ran both the Rider and passenger cables up in between the frame and battery. Poked the riders out by the tank and put the OL's out where the back rest hole is. I plan on using GMRS radios and that cable will go to the tourpack where I plan on mounting my GMRS radio with velco...With the Autocomm it comes with a 7 pin round connector.....Easily connected wering HEAVY gloves....

I will admit that the Autcomm headsets SUCK,Autocomm wants you to tape the microphone to the inside of the helmet and velcro the earbuds ( I can't call them speakers) to the chin strap.

I orginally purchased the Autocomm Active-Plus Duo Kit....Should have saved my money on the headesets...I have purchased 2 sets from J&M of their Elite headsets,they have the microphone form fitted into a clamp device that attaches to the helmet with 2 setscrews(a very positive attachment)There is absolutley no comparision between the 2. Autocomms have to be placed perfectly over the ear, and with velcro holding theearbuds in place and your ears hit them as you put the helmet on you will wind up moving them out of range ofhearing them;and in my case that was about half way down on the chin strap inside the helmet.

With the J&M headsets they mount in the ear pocket of the helmet and you can hear very thing crystal clear even voice on cell phone is better than holdiing the phone to your ear!!!
I wear a full face and the Autocom headsets work fine - yes they do take some placement - You got my interest on the J&M - checked them out and almost $500 for just the two head sets - Wow - they had better work...

Old 03-01-2007, 04:38 PM
BOARGAURD
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Yeah, now thats what Im talking about. This setup can get pretty pricey.... The JM is close to $800 with headsets, cords, antenna, unit, etc....

I had no idea that these units would cost so much.

Old 03-01-2007, 05:10 PM
joeschmoe
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: harley0711

I wear a full face and the Autocom headsets work fine - yes they do take some placement - You got my interest on the J&M - checked them out and almost $500 for just the two head sets - Wow - they had better work...

That's exactly what I said when I called and talked to J&M. I was extremely surprised at the vast difference in theaudio quality of the J&M's compared to theAutocomms....Like i said in the original post Autocomm's SUCK compared to the J&M's

Myoverall cost for everything: Autocomm Kit $389.99 (1-Active-Plus, 2sets of helmet speakers and microphones), 2 J&M Elite series 3/4helmet (microphone speakers)$229 ea.....Set of 2 $459.98 plus 2-7 pin interface cables for converting J&M Elite series to Autocomm Active-Plus $56.99 ea...... set of 2 $113.98

Total Shopping Spree $963.95 just for my Roadglide (this doesn't cover any of the shipping either), and now I have to buy one for the OL Sportster so we can do bike to bike that will be another $299.99 For the Autocomm Active-Plus, $55 dollars for a set of 2 cables for the Motorola GMRS radio interface cables. For a GRAND TOTAL $1318.94[sm=boohoo.gif][sm=bling.gif]

But in all fairness H-D wants $1000+/-for making my CB and intercom work on the Roadglide so I don't feel so bad....That doesn't include the helmets with microphone or anything else, just adding the module in the radio to turn the CB and intercom on, oh yeah and adding the 2nd antenna

Old 03-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

wireless bluetooth/vox INTERPHONE for less than 500 complete

Old 03-01-2007, 09:31 PM
StreetGlide2006
Road Warrior

Wow! At those prices I think we can talk when we get there. And use the money on Chrome! Thanks for all the input guys. It is appreciated.

Ride Safe,

Mike