Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Luggage Rack (stealth or not?)

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2013 | 10:09 PM
Rucker00
|
Cruiser
Default Luggage Rack (stealth or not?)

I just got a 4 point docking system. I have the back rest for the wife, now I'm in the hunt for a luggage rack. I'm liking the the HD stealth rack. Any pros or cons? And any idea where I can get a good deal?

Old 05-31-2013 | 10:11 PM
Xube
Road Warrior

Can't answer your questions, but I like the stealth rack, too. Will follow.

Old 05-31-2013 | 10:19 PM
big-e976
Cruiser

i have the 2 up rack, really like it cause it comes up in the rear holding the tour bag on nicely. I like the look of the stealth, but not so sure of the functionality. Stealth looks better, but i only use a rack when i need to carry something, don't leave it on all the time. Got a great deal here off the forum.

Old 05-31-2013 | 10:27 PM
shawkpilot
Advanced

If you want to use the rack, I wouldn't get the stealth. If you plan on leaving it all the time, just to finish off the look of the backrest, then I'd say go for it.

Old 05-31-2013 | 10:28 PM
Orange&Black
Intermediate

The stealth one is a lot heavier !

Old 05-31-2013 | 10:28 PM
FXDXTSport
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by big-e976
i have the 2 up rack, really like it cause it comes up in the rear holding the tour bag on nicely. I like the look of the stealth, but not so sure of the functionality. Stealth looks better, but i only use a rack when i need to carry something, don't leave it on all the time.
+1. The two up is larger and shaped better for carrying cargo. I only use it on trips or for an occasional trip to the store. I got a kick out of the warning label that came with it saying not to exceed 15 pounds. If I don't need it, I remove it. Got mine from Lakeshore Harley (lshd.com). 20% off. Not a great deal but better than buying locally at retail plus 10$ sales tax. There are plenty of aftermarket that are cheaper.

Old 05-31-2013 | 10:35 PM
ROLLNTIGER
Outstanding HDF Member

I have the stealth. Had it about two weeks. Got the detachable off of EBAY. It looks exactly like the MOCO one but has chrome latches. I paid 175.00 with shipping a big savings from the MOCO.

Old 05-31-2013 | 10:45 PM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by shawkpilot
If you want to use the rack, I wouldn't get the stealth. If you plan on leaving it all the time, just to finish off the look of the backrest, then I'd say go for it.
Couldnt of said it better myself. I have the stealth rack and well it does work if you tie something down but for me i just like the look of it. It stays on all the time and looks great. But if you want it more for function then get the standard rack.

Old 05-31-2013 | 11:09 PM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member

I have been using the stealth rack since Harley introduced it. I had a standard rack on my prior bike. I haven't noticed much of a difference in functionality. The stealth looks cooler.
Just to be clear I am talking about this rack: http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...etachable-rack

Old 05-31-2013 | 11:14 PM
Rucker00
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by FX4
I have been using the stealth rack since Harley introduced it. I had a standard rack on my prior bike. I haven't noticed much of a difference in functionality. The stealth looks cooler.
Just to be clear I am talking about this rack: http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...etachable-rack
Yeah, That's The One.

Quick Reply: Luggage Rack (stealth or not?)