Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why "true duals"

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 10:26 AM
SG2011PAYNE
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Td make u loose hp, 2-1 is the best performance and then 2-1-2 in second. I love the way my td sound

Old 05-31-2013, 12:27 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for all the responses I was just trying to make an informed decision on weather I should go with a dual exhaust system as opposed to a de catted stock 2 into 1 into 2. I don't mind the way it sounds now I'm just looking for less heat.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:14 PM
slammed05fatty
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

for the most part i chose them because they look much better, 2-1 looks funny on bagger to me unlesss you have extended bags. and the power duals looks awful with the whole X thing going on. JMO, to each his own, that is why there options to choose from

Old 05-31-2013, 01:21 PM
Road Ranger
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did mine mainly to cool the back of my leg down and sound. My 05 had that crossover pipe and it would get really hot on the back of my leg. Since I went with true duals no more heat problems.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:25 PM
Android
Tourer

Originally Posted by SPECIAL ED
Thanks for all the responses I was just trying to make an informed decision on weather I should go with a dual exhaust system as opposed to a de catted stock 2 into 1 into 2. I don't mind the way it sounds now I'm just looking for less heat.
If less heat is all you want then try the decatted way first. You wont be disappointed. WAYY cheaper than the new headers and also the sound improves drastically.

I did mine the coupon way and could not be happier.

Old 05-31-2013, 02:10 PM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 140 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Android
If less heat is all you want then try the decatted way first. You wont be disappointed. WAYY cheaper than the new headers and also the sound improves drastically.

I did mine the coupon way and could not be happier.
The CAT makes heat. Get rid of it if the heat is all that bothers ya.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:53 PM
Matt13streetglide
Cruiser

with the reinhart system i got true duals because the 2 to1 to 2 setup would have been in the way of checking your oil it woulda been right behind the pipe. where as true duals it is wide open. thats something the shop told me when i bought mine and suggested true dual setup.

Old 05-31-2013, 05:08 PM
cotnballs
Road Captain

I want every once of horsepower out of every thing I drive. My Street Glide is slow compared to a CBRR600 yeah but not gonna stop me from wanting more horsepower, that is just stupid! You can always use more hp for merging, passing, getting off a on ramp into traffic and getting out of trouble!

I just picked up a 2013 Street Glide, my 2010 was totaled just over two years ago by a 19 year old driver. First thing I noticed on the 2013 with stock dual exhaust is a much rougher idle, the bike shakes a lot more than the 2010 which had factory 2 to 1. I'm not a believer that the 2 to 2 looks better than a nice 2 to 1 system, I choose the 15-20% more power!

Old 05-31-2013, 06:44 PM
rscott
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

more torque more hp Give me a break we're talking Harley IT's ALL ABOUT THE SOUND true duals way to go

Old 05-31-2013, 06:50 PM
Kadorja
Road Captain
Received 157 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by cotnballs
I want every once of horsepower out of every thing I drive. My Street Glide is slow compared to a CBRR600 yeah but not gonna stop me from wanting more horsepower, that is just stupid! You can always use more hp for merging, passing, getting off a on ramp into traffic and getting out of trouble!

I just picked up a 2013 Street Glide, my 2010 was totaled just over two years ago by a 19 year old driver. First thing I noticed on the 2013 with stock dual exhaust is a much rougher idle, the bike shakes a lot more than the 2010 which had factory 2 to 1. I'm not a believer that the 2 to 2 looks better than a nice 2 to 1 system, I choose the 15-20% more power!
Actually to merge, pass and get into traffic you use torque. Horsepower is all about top end which drag pipes (2-2 pipes) are good at producing. It's correct that true duals have a huge torque dip where you normally want the power at but no one needs every ounce of power from a vehicle. I ride a motorcycle for the sound/feeling and fuel economy. I go plenty faster in my car than I could ever want to go on a bike but I still think my bike has plenty of passing power with true duals.

Quick Reply: Why "true duals"