Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

powervision map

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 12:24 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,160 Likes on 1,354 Posts

We have over 500+ Power Vision maps we have developed in the FM database with maps for most popular combinations, however we do not have exact maps for every setup and each bike can be slightly different for various reasons including, differences in components, fuel quality, etc.. We do however offer full tuning support for absolutely no charge as a service to our customers, we can revise maps: analyze logs: and provide comprehensive tuning support as needed. If necessary we can even connect to your computer remotely and take control of your PC and Power Vision if need be. I also highly recommend the Auto Tune feature on the PV which works excellent for getting the tune dialed in.

We are here to help to the absolute highest degree and anyone that needs assistance is welcome to contact us thru any of our channels. We appreciate the support as well as your patience this time of the busy season, we are currently supporting over 50,000 customers running our tuning products.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 05-30-2013, 12:41 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by roadchaser
I have a 2013 streetglide stage 1..
V&H dresser duals with CFR slip ons,zippers max flo intake.
I bought a powervision tuner with a downloaded map from fuelmoto..
I followed the prompts and installed the downloaded map.
The bike seems to run the same as it did before the download.I am still getting
lots of popping in decel and on occasion a backfire on initial startup..
I guess for 513.00 dollars for the pv tuner i expected a better result..
Anyone else have this setup?What are your results?Good or not so good?Map#?
I called fuelmoto and am waiting for a return call..
Customer contacted us this morning: revised map emailed

Old 05-30-2013, 01:10 PM
Cliff-AZ
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kebo
Wow, wish we had $150 Dyno's around here. They start at around $300. In fact most are out of business except for the stealership. Even though they have treated me right, I don't trust them to Dyno my bike.
We have one here called Stick Engineering (Apache Junction Arizona). They charge $70 per hour. They are awesome and Dyno Jet highly recommended them!
As some have said, no two bikes are the same. Then throw in, humidity, barometer, temp, gasoline, and you have a lot of variables. If 90 - 95% is good enough for you then the Autotune will probably get you there. It didn't seem to do it for me. If you want it dead on in every throttle position, every engine rpm and you want to get the most power, then you need a real tune done for YOUR BIKE by a good tuner. I found the Autotune was not helping me in the low rpm range and I had a little hesitation when I whacked the throttle full. I ran over 8 20-30 minute sessions. The bike kept loading up. Maybe Autotune Pro was what I needed? I also had a little popping on decel every now and then. Jamie worked with me and provided excellent support. He modded two of my maps and returned them the same day. No complaints there! If I had FM close by I would have gone there without a doubt. Maybe I am a little pickier than some? I just wanted it as close to perfect as possible.
All issues are completely gone now and I am pretty sure my mileage has improved a bit to boot. I definitely notice a difference. The bike runs excellent now.
(History) When I first removed the air box and loaded FM's map for just their Air Breather kit, the bike ran flawlessly. A few months later, after installing their header, mufflers and Woods TW222 Cams, it was a very different story. The provided maps were off by a fair amount and to me, Auto Tune Basic was not cutting it.
After spending close to 2k on upgrades I wanted to be sure I was getting the most out of it. Now I am.
If the Dyno sessions started at $300.00 I might have held off a bit.

Just saying!

Last edited by Cliff-AZ; 05-30-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:27 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

We have had some great recent experience with Sticks Engineering as well, a customer had built one of our 107 kits and brought it to them for tuning and it was down on power. We were able to work with them and diagnose the cams were installed a tooth off, they pulled the cam chest apart, timed the cams correctly, retuned, and picked up 20Hp. Great group of folks.

Old 05-30-2013, 01:32 PM
Cliff-AZ
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
We have had some great recent experience with Sticks Engineering as well, a customer had built one of our 107 kits and brought it to them for tuning and it was down on power. We were able to work with them and diagnose the cams were installed a tooth off, they pulled the cam chest apart, timed the cams correctly, retuned, and picked up 20Hp. Great group of folks.
They mentioned your 107 they had just done!

Old 05-30-2013, 01:46 PM
ridedaddy
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

another thing that needs to be considered is that if your not running the optional wideband auto tune for the powervision it is only collecting data from the narrow band sensers that are on your bike from the factory. with that being said the "basic" auto tune feature on the power vision can only read o2 trims down to around 14.2. Your factory settings are around 14.6 so it is a step in the right direction but im sure most would agree that you really need to be closer to the 13.2 or 13.4 area. So to auto tune down to where you really want to be requires wide band o2 sensers. nothing another $350 cant take care of!!!