Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arm rests for ultra classic passenger

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 08:21 PM
osudvm
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Arm rests for ultra classic passenger

I bought a 2009 Ultra Classic in November. It has the passenger handrails on it and they are very nice but the problem is my wife has to really stretch her arms to reach them and it is not comfortable at all for her. So these handrails just are not going to do the trick. My question is whether any of you have installed the HD arm rests. They are pretty pricey at $399 but I don't know of any other options. Any advice on other options or your experience with the arm rests if you have installed them. Thanks

Old 05-26-2013, 08:33 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

bitch-bitch-bitch.

Old 05-26-2013, 08:42 PM
Geezer glider
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw a bike that had them, thought they looked and function good, but yes, they are pricy. The one side I messed with pivoted for easy on and off for the old lady (don't know if both side pivot) but the arm pads pivot also and open up with a small compartment inside. I have the slide mechism for the tourpak, not sure if it will work with that yet. Gotta make the wife happy or I don't get the stuff I want without hassle.

Old 05-26-2013, 08:46 PM
scottbess
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Put a set on my Ultra LTD a couple of weeks ago. Pretty easy install and the wife loves them - someplace to put her arms. They swing out as well as the arms 'swiveling'. Definitely pricey, but worth it to keep the princess happy and me riding!

Old 05-26-2013, 09:12 PM
osudvm
Tourer

Originally Posted by scottbess
Put a set on my Ultra LTD a couple of weeks ago. Pretty easy install and the wife loves them - someplace to put her arms. They swing out as well as the arms 'swiveling'. Definitely pricey, but worth it to keep the princess happy and me riding!
Has anyone seen or used the detachable ones made by Kuryakyn? I like the idea to be able to remove them if you need to.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:32 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Krap kin?

Old 05-27-2013, 04:52 AM
ehale3
Cruiser

Originally Posted by osudvm
Has anyone seen or used the detachable ones made by Kuryakyn? I like the idea to be able to remove them if you need to.
I have a set that was on my bike when I got it. The wife loves them and I like them because I can take them off easy when I ride alone.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:09 AM
Assegai
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by themensh
bitch-bitch-bitch.
ha ha, some truth to this. Some women approach the greater dislike obliquely.

Old 05-27-2013, 07:59 AM
RJI11LTD
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have had the Kuryakyn quick disconnect ones that was bought before HD arm rest was available. Wife likes them, swing out for mounting and dismount bike, fold away cup holder. looks good when installed. I like the quick disconnect to remove when wife not with me. Takes about 3 minutes to put on. Only quality issues is the chrome on the lower mounts is pitted. Chrome has not flaked, just pitted.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:16 AM
lazybee
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Check out the ones from Rivco. They are well made and look good. I ordered a set but since I don't have rear speakers, I would have had to drill holes in the tour pak and the mounting brackets would be visible and I didn't like that. With rear speakers they just bolt right in the speaker bracket holes and the speaker hides the bracket. Probably take 30 minutes to install. Check around on internet for prices. After I ordered from Rivco at around 299.00, I found some for 254.00. Called Rivco and they matched the price. I got the quick detach from Kuryakn and they're ok, but no where near the quality of the Rivco and don't look as good in my opinion.

Quick Reply: Arm rests for ultra classic passenger