Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HARD KHROME T-REX beware!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 01:58 PM
zubaugh
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: HARD KHROME T-REX beware!!!!!!!!

Sorry you guys missed my posts starting last year when I ate the $700 and tossed my defective T-Rex into a dumpster in Chatsworth!

ORIGINAL: DI75

Have a set of Hard Khrome T-ReX pipes... They were great right up to the point where the right side chrome cover cracked in half at the bend....Called Hard Khrome and actually got a person who told me to find my reciept and they would warrant the pipes... Now after 10 messages and numerous e-mails they don't answer or return my calls nor do they answer my e-mails!! So if your in the market for some pipes I highly recommend against buyingthe T-REX true duals because like Draggin Baggers they do not stand behind their product. So will order some Rienharts and another lesson learned....

Old 02-23-2007, 02:28 PM
jrudicel
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about it dude! If you are like me, you are pretty worked up right now. Thanks to alot of things on here from all you guys, I ended up with Rineharts a few days ago. Really liked the clampless look etc,, but it sounded like hit or miss. Some good, like on Bounty's bike, others really bad. Seems Rineharts customer service is defiantely 1 up on HK's from what i hear...

Old 02-23-2007, 05:18 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well knock on wood, but mine are still doing good. Not like the bike has been run much in the last 2 months, but what can I say.

Bob

Old 02-23-2007, 05:26 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Solid here, been runnin' 3" HK since 2002...lots of miles...never an issue!

Old 02-23-2007, 05:32 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm sure they are great pipes, but the "service after the sale" is just as important, if not more,to me. If that's lacking I don't care how good the pipe is/was. I don't haggle when shelling out the money, so treat me right when something goes south.

My $.02

Old 02-23-2007, 10:20 PM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: bountyhunter

Solid here, been runnin' 3" HK since 2002...lots of miles...never an issue!
Well I'm happy as hell for your good fortune!!!However if they bust like mine, well... That's right you have Draggin Baggers so you know how it works... NO RETURN CALLS....**** SERVICE....My Rienharts are in the mail.. I am fortunate enough to be able to throw some $600 pipes in the trash...what about those who can't afford it. I've been there to . Not a good feeling!![:@][:@][:@]

Old 02-23-2007, 10:27 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about it. It took me two sets to get one decent set. I have heard nothing but bad things about HK's lack of customer service over the past two years. I gambled too and got lucky. Won't try them again either.

Old 02-23-2007, 10:29 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 313 Likes on 192 Posts

DI - Don't go to the dark (Rhinehart) side. Your bike is very unique in the mods you've done. I'd hate to see everyone else's pipes on it. I have no problems with the Rhineharts, other than everyone has them. Bub's has a new pipe coming out that was deisgned by Klock Werks. Check it out.

https://www.klockwerkscycles.com/parts/?id=123&cat=

Old 02-23-2007, 10:38 PM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Phil and Everyone else,

i looked at the website and could not find a price; I am overlooking something?

Thanks,
Lyn

d
ORIGINAL: PhilM

That blows!

I'm sure you know I'm not a duals kinda guy, but I did run across this yesterday (http://www.danddexhaust.com/news/200...troduces_d.htm), and since I am a D&D fan I thought these might be worth a look if you're in the market. One this ya know for sure is that if it comes from D&D, it'll be performance oriented!

Old 02-23-2007, 11:02 PM
Seavee
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep I bought a set of hard Krapp Pipes too. Major problems and no Kustomer service. I was lucky enough to shame my vendor to thake them back or i was Sh!!t out of luck. Do a search before you buy, You will see alot of negative posts and 2 people that love them. I Bought some Rienharts with some clamps you cant see and they ROCK.

Quick Reply: HARD KHROME T-REX beware!!!!!!!!