Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad day at the dealership

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2013 | 11:18 AM
cass
Road Warrior

glad you got it figured out......and came back and told us...i was getting fat eating all that popcorn and drinking the beer. good to know too that the dealer wasn't trying to just get some extra cash out of you.

Old 05-31-2013 | 12:54 PM
SG2011PAYNE
|
Advanced

the end results is that the bike runs good and the money that came out of my pocket was far less than expected with the work they redid.

and for owning up on my mistake, ill be the first to say i did, i have no problem with that. my thinking is the only way to learn is to do it yourself and if u mess up then u try and learn from it.

Old 05-31-2013 | 01:36 PM
Joker65
Road Captain

Originally Posted by ybnorml
How much did you check into this shop or the guy running
the dyno machine, before deciding to use them ??

Sounds like someone put the mojo-funk on your bike,
and you'll be footing the bill to have some other shop repair it.
I'm sorry.... after seeing your AVATAR I can't seem to remember what the f**k I was reading about!!

Reminds me of a couple 'former' girlfriends from years past... Oh how I miss them sometimes!!

Old 05-31-2013 | 01:53 PM
slick813
Tourer

Glad to hear it all worked out and that Finks did you right. I'm right there with you on leaving the motor work to someone else. I put cams and cam bearings in my CVO with adjustable push rods, I got the cams and bearings in ok but struggled with the adjustable push rods, finally said screw it and took it to the dealer and had them pull the tops and install stock non adjustables in, no more worries about the adjustables loosening up.

Old 05-31-2013 | 02:19 PM
P51Driver
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by mkguitar

best to figure a way to drop the bike off and pick it up when ready.
At a dearlership. NO WAY would I ever leave my bike at a Harley dealership for service. I just don't trust these people to be straight up with the customer all the time.
I understand how dealership service depts. operate as I was a service mgr. at a local Ford dealership, and trust me the customer doesn't always get the straight scoop on the repairs and condition of the vehicle. This especially true with warranty work. As the dealer figures they can get away with whatever they want because the customer isn't paying, so short cuts are not unusual.

Last edited by P51Driver; 05-31-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 05-31-2013 | 04:25 PM
mgibson61611
Tourer

Originally Posted by SG2011PAYNE
sorry for the late response. i have been busy with work and family life. now the outcome. i went to Finks HD and it comes to find when i changed my cams, i had a sprocket tooth off align from the cam gear. not sure how that happend, but they looked align when i did it. They said each tooth was about 5 degrees and it was too much advance timing. they treated me well and explained what happened and after see the before and after dyno runs, well yep it was my faught. i gained 20 hp and 15 ft-lbs and ended up with 88.6 hp and 104.7 tq.

well im happy with it right now, but things can always change, but ill have a professional do it next time (engine mods i mean). t ired it and messed up, but i got a learning experience and found what not to do with a tuner and my mechanical skills.
Great news! Glad you got it sorted and the bike's running well. Enjoy it.

All the best...