Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with hardbag bars

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013 | 10:03 PM
Raxus
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by pastime
If you take them off, you have to remove the side rails on your saddlebags as well (looking at your signature photo). IMO it's easier and cheaper to modify the passenger footrests. There are options for moving the ones you have and/or adding extenders.

I'd be leery about having no saddlebag protection. But I understand it's your ride, not mine. Just saying.....

Good luck, and ride safe.
We have Rivco adjustable mounts for her floorboards. LOVE them! Billet aluminum, very well made. Gives her 9" range of motion. Just that damn bar is always gouging her. So we ordered Rick Doss bars today and hope this will be the ticket along with the Rivco mount. Rather chance the hardbags than momma being uncomfortable. If momma ain't happy, ain't NO ONE gonna be happy...

Here's the Rivco mount:
Amazon.com: Rivco Products Adjustable Passenger Floorboard Mount HDPBLA-RE: Automotive Amazon.com: Rivco Products Adjustable Passenger Floorboard Mount HDPBLA-RE: Automotive

Rax

Old 05-26-2013 | 11:14 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

There's also the Kuryakyn Adjustable Foot Peg Kit that will give her several options as far as height is concerned ... While you're at it I's also recommend a change in the Dzus Fasteners that attach the bags to the bike ... Once the rails are removed and you have a mishap with the Dzus ( stock ) bag fasteners there is no "fail safe" to keep the bags from completely falling off the bike ... You can build your own ( not much more than a 5/16 clip nut and a 5/16 x 1 1/4 bolt and necessary washers .. a total of 4 ) or you could use the Brukus Set up ... Either way it's a wise investment and an added bit of security too.

Old 05-27-2013 | 02:55 PM
Florida Swamp Yankee
Road Captain

I put those stubby supports on my 07 FLHR for the same reason, no support issues and I did take a spill while making a u turn in an intersection on oily "ice arrows" with no harm done.

Got mine at JP Cycles for less than $25.00...