Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Pulsing Breal Lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 08:39 PM
ringonking
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Pulsing Breal Lights

Ok guys, I need to pick your brains here. I have an 11 ultra limited, and I have changed all the lights on it to LED. I even changed the wrap around tour pac light to their led one. I have the HD directional on the back and the front. So here is my question, I would like to put a pulsing break light.just to be seem a little better. I am wondering if any of you have also done this and also what you used. Thanks in advance for your input!

Old 05-21-2013, 10:36 PM
pastime
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same bike and changed to all LED's as well. I added a Ride Time Technology LED run/brake/turn lightbar (great addition!) on the tour pack. Only thing I didn't change to LED were the two tour pack lights. I've found that to be more than sufficient. Have you stood behind your bike with the brake applied? Cagers behind me at a stop light need to squint.

It's your bike, your call - but to me the pulsing brake lights are annoying and distracting. If I'm turning I want anyone behind me to see my turn signals flashing, not be distracted by my brake light flashing at the same time. Just my thoughts....

Good luck in your decision-making process.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:40 PM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 564 Likes on 394 Posts

If you mean adding a a flashing Aux light, get a sound off signal Ghost Multi mount brake /tail light. If you are looking for a flasher module, look to Signal Dynamics.

Last edited by bklynbob; 05-22-2013 at 12:41 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:13 AM
2mOOn
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had what you're talking about on my last bike. It was called "back-off" as I recall. It flashed the brake lights 3 times then left them on solid for 15-20 seconds then repeated the process. On the old bike it wired into the brake wires under the seat.

Try a google search for "back off brake module" or something similar.

Good luck.

©¿©

Old 05-22-2013, 07:27 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,354 Likes on 2,533 Posts

look at the 'bright *** light'.

even available at most dealers. comes with a magnet so you can change the pulse pattern. and the best part? visibility is greatly increased.

Old 05-22-2013, 08:36 AM
RaceFace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Bright *** Lights have a LOT of settings.....that being one of them. Check them out. I love mine!!

Old 05-22-2013, 08:55 AM
Retrop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Bad experience with Kisan

My first experience with a deceleration type tail light was with a Kisan TailBlazer 30W-D device back in 2008. It lasted about 13 months or 1 month out of warranty. It used a halogen taillight bulb and got so damn hot it melted the whole plastic housing, including the chip. I went back to the regular Harley taillight bulb.
Since that episode I have tried the Kisan 30W-D on two more bikes thinking what happened the first time was a fluke. It wasn't. On each bike the device worked great until it was 14 to 15 months old and then "wham", they all burned out. When I talked to the manufacturer about all of them burning out after a little over a years use, I suggested that they had a faulty design because the halogen bulb got so hot it melted the device. They scoffed at my experience and said they had no plans on changing their device. At $65.00 a pop the Kisan is just too expensive given the fact it lasts only a year or so before burning out. So, based upon my 3 times experience with the Kisan 30W-D TailBlazer I would have to say it is a poor product. It took me 3 times before I quit buying them, so call me a slow learner.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:42 AM
VTL nut
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just put a Custom Dynamics Triple play on the *** end of my 12 Classic.
The rear fender tip light is a MoCo LED smoked, the tail light is a MoCo LED smoked,
and the turn signals are Custom Dynamics red LED.
With the controller set up it is EXACTLY what I was after. All lights flash 3 times rapidly, then stay illuminatedfor 3 seconds, repeat, and stay illuminated.

Nothing confusing about it when viewed from the rear, as in some bikes I have followed.

I went to Dennin Kirk and got the turn signals, and triple play for right around $160.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:45 AM
2JADED
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 05-22-2013, 10:11 AM
MikeBel
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,564 Likes on 671 Posts

+1 for the BAL.

Many light patterns and 3 intensity settings. Very easy to change both with the magnet tool. I run mine at full intensity unless I'm riding w/ a group, then I run at minimum so as not to annoy guys riding behind me.

I like the pattern of 2 burst-flashs and then constant on. This light makes a huge difference vs. OEM.

If I'm already stopped at a light with no one behind me and then a car approaches, I quickly release and reapply brake pressure to activate the lights again. I've seen in my mirrors more than 1 car nose drive from hard braking once they see these lights.

I also agree that a constant flashing (at least from the BAL) is overkill and might cause some mild roadrage (oxymoron?) from cagers. These lights are INTENSE.

Quick Reply: Rear Pulsing Breal Lights