Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ordered some cfr pipes today

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 08:56 PM
pat1
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cutting88
Had cfrs for a little bit on mine and was very relieved to take them off. Loud and doesn't sound like a harley. These bikes have stereos for a reason. Wouldn't put them back on if someone paid me to. Much better pipes are out there for way less.

X2 I had mine on for less than 30 miles and I had enough. I pulled them off and sold them and never looked back. Way too loud! I was happy I didn't pay 630.00 for them,I would of been pissed. I got them used and still lost money lol

Old 05-21-2013, 09:31 PM
ridedaddy
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

well sound awesome,or way to loud is just an opinion!!Iive liked loud on everything ive ever known so im sure I will like the pipes, but all that is not the issue. WHERE CAN I GET THEM!!!!!

Old 05-21-2013, 10:10 PM
shurtman
Advanced

I'm surprised to hear that people think they are loud. My Uncle has a 2013 SG with the CFRs and at cruising speeds they are about as loud as stock. I have a 2011 SG (both bikes with 103 motor) and we switched bikes halfway through our ride so I could hear em. Getting on the throttle they were loud, just cruising...same as stock (except for the deep sound!!)

Old 05-21-2013, 10:29 PM
Louderisbetter
Tourer

Originally Posted by Cutting88
Had cfrs for a little bit on mine and was very relieved to take them off. Loud and doesn't sound like a harley. These bikes have stereos for a reason. Wouldn't put them back on if someone paid me to. Much better pipes are out there for way less.
You still have them?

Old 05-21-2013, 10:30 PM
jake.h
Tourer

Originally Posted by Johnny Wolf
Got ya, I thought you were referring to the E-bay seller with the similar name who sells the K/o's

Sorry about the hi-jack.

On a side note can you post a link?
No problem, I understand. Here is the link:

http://www.americancustom.com/

I tried to take a "before" and "after" video with my phone, but it didn't really capture the difference. Plus, I forgot to freaking rev the motor That being said, here is the "before:"

And after (but this does no justice):

Old 05-21-2013, 10:56 PM
fishn4life
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

Bought my CFRs from Iron Aces...I'm on the west coast - they're on the east coast, great customer service!
These are great pipes, not only get compliments all the time but for me it's the perfect deep low rumble without being "annoying" loud. Worth the $ for the real deal IMHO.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:08 PM
ridedaddy
Road Master

I have ordered from direct cycle parts but like I said there is no promises as to when they will come in. I told them I will take the first available chrome set they can get me. I will call iron aces but there website shows they are backordered through them also. I know of a Harley dealership that sells them, I will call them tomorrow.If anyone know of any other distributares please let me know.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:10 PM
ridedaddy
Road Master

hey fishn4life what head pipe was being ran with the cfrs?

Old 05-22-2013, 04:54 AM
roadchaser
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I have V&H'S dresser duals with CFR'S..I don't find them to loud at all,yet loud enough..

Old 05-22-2013, 05:37 AM
Kesean
Stellar HDF Member
Received 396 Likes on 152 Posts

Have CFR's on both my SG and CVO Ultra with the V&H Power Duals. Can't beat the sound and yes they are loud when you get on them but quiet down when cruising. Iron Aces is the place to get them.

Quick Reply: ordered some cfr pipes today