Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Elk Grove Harley Davidson Sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 01:29 PM
baron3547
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Elk Grove Harley Davidson Sucks!

Elk Grove Harley Davidson has an ad on their website saying you get "15% off parts and labor when purchased and installed by our service department" expires 2/28/07.

I put in my order for apehangers and cables to be installed and after they gave me their price I mentioned the ad...guess what? They said the discount is no longer in effect.

They went on to tell me that it takes so many hours to put the handlebars and it is $90 per hour.

I would have save $195.

After I complained he said the reason they could not give me the discount was because they wouldn't be able to get my bike in until March and the discount would no longer be in effect. I asked him "what if I pay today?" He said only if I pay today.

I looked at the website today and the ad is still up?

I was going to buy a seat with the savings and now they are not getting any of my money. I will not buy anything from Sacramento Harley or Elk Grove Harley (same owners) unlessthere are noother options!

Old 02-22-2007, 01:32 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Elk Grove Harley Davidson Sucks!

Elk Grove Harley Davidson Sucks!
Tell us how you REALLY feel!

Try online at Zanotti.com or Chicago HD just to name a few. I don't put up with any dealership crap since the internet has evolved.

EDIT: NO....I'm not bashing dealerships, just the less-than-desirables that can find themselves working in some.

Old 02-22-2007, 01:36 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

That sounds like a bunch of BS.If you had the repair order written up within the ads time frame and the parts were ordered from them,they should honor their ad unless it has a disclaimer that the work be performed by the ads expiration date.Prepaying for the work doesn't seem like a good idea at this dealer[:'(]

Old 02-22-2007, 01:45 PM
pavermanter
Cruiser

I agree with Ultrakla$$ic, my dealings with chicago hd have been great. and thats 20% off.

Old 02-22-2007, 02:13 PM
suicide441
Cruiser

Call my old friends at channel 3 http://www.kcra.com/call3/index.html

Old 02-22-2007, 02:37 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

What bike do you have?? I have changed bars on both the EG and RG - No way would I pay HD any money - it really is not all that hard - most of the time is taken with internal wiring and I can now do that in my sleep... Pm me for my home number (Turlock, CA) and we can talk....

I believe you ride a RK?? even easier to get at the bars - still an easy job - call me

Old 02-22-2007, 02:53 PM
engineer
Intermediate

I agree with not being particularly happy with the Elk Grove shop.

When I was shopping(looking) for my first bike, the sales staff were some of the pushiest people I have dealt with. The whole conversation about buying on the spot should have ended when I told him I'd have to consult with the wife before making a purchase but the guy pressed on.

I like going out of the area despite the fact that we have about 7 shops within an hour.

Good luck.

Old 02-22-2007, 02:54 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Did you read the fine print on that ad? All the dealers in my area run that ad and its for "Harley Davidson parts and acc only" not aftermarket parts, some even state in stock parts only too.

Old 02-22-2007, 03:17 PM
baron3547
Cruiser

First he told me the ad is discontinued. He then told me they could not get my bike in until March which meant the discount would have expired. Bottom line, I am saving $195 and they know it. It says "extended special", there isn't any fine print. You can go to the site yourself. www.hdelkgrove.com/service_request.asp
ORIGINAL: gunrunner

Did you read the fine print on that ad? All the dealers in my area run that ad and its for "Harley Davidson parts and acc only" not aftermarket parts, some even state in stock parts only too.

Old 02-22-2007, 03:20 PM
baron3547
Cruiser

I am going to send an email to you today. I really appreciate you offering advice.
ORIGINAL: harley0711

What bike do you have?? I have changed bars on both the EG and RG - No way would I pay HD any money - it really is not all that hard - most of the time is taken with internal wiring and I can now do that in my sleep... Pm me for my home number (Turlock, CA) and we can talk....

I believe you ride a RK?? even easier to get at the bars - still an easy job - call me

Quick Reply: Elk Grove Harley Davidson Sucks!