Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Elk Grove Harley Davidson Sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 03:22 PM
coyotedata
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Elk Grove Harley Davidson Sucks!

I have to say that they have been very nice and easy to deal with for me. I bought a new 2007 from them in September and their service department has been very easy to deal with. I also took advantage of the 15% off deal and they special ordered in the non-Harley parts for me.

While they were doing some warranty maintainence, I had them install an oil temp gauge. I didn't want it installed in the oil cooler hose so they made a special trip out to the hardware store to get a bushing to adapt the sending unit to the extra oil pan hole. Seems like pretty good service to me.

Maybe there is more to this story? JMO.

Old 02-22-2007, 03:36 PM
baron3547
Cruiser

Yes, there is more to the story. They also told me if I paid them today (yesterday)they would honor the ad but they would not do this for anyone else!

It is a good thing they said this because I have three friends who were going to take advantage of this offer. We would have saved a total of$600! That is labor money.

Ididn't give them my business because they wouldn't give me the discount.What do you mean when you say "more to the story"?
ORIGINAL: coyotedata

I have to say that they have been very nice and easy to deal with for me. I bought a new 2007 from them in September and their service department has been very easy to deal with. I also took advantage of the 15% off deal and they special ordered in the non-Harley parts for me.

While they were doing some warranty maintainence, I had them install an oil temp gauge. I didn't want it installed in the oil cooler hose so they made a special trip out to the hardware store to get a bushing to adapt the sending unit to the extra oil pan hole. Seems like pretty good service to me.

Maybe there is more to this story? JMO.

Old 02-22-2007, 04:54 PM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Elk Grove sucks, beat my high school (LincolnSF) in 1975 state basketball playoffs, they had Bill Cartwrightat 7 feet --- we had Rick Lee 6'5 with 3 inch platform shoes on.

I know it's been more than 30 years but I haven't gotten over it.

Old 02-22-2007, 08:40 PM
05 FLSTFSEI
Stage III

When you send an email to the “Service Appointment Request” on there web site it goes into a melting pot in Sac and “if” it gets answered it is by the gal that dose the web site; she has no idea what is going on in the real world. You need to call the service manager in Elk Grove to get the correct answer.
They do not order parts without first paying; so yes to get your discount you would have to pay first. If you make your appointment before February 28th you will still get your discount on labor as well. H-D of Elk Grove has an exceptional service department; I have had several problems with Sac and Valley in Stockton.
They also have a new sales staff; so if you thought they were pushy those folks are gone. I bought a new bike there in June 2005; I had a great experience; no pushy sales people then? I have always found it better to deal in person rather over the phone or email.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:43 PM
baron3547
Cruiser

I am not complaining about the service being rude. All I am saying is that they are not honoring their ad. They make alot of money off of installed handlebars. How can you put an ad on the website and not honor it? Put a disclaimer up there. They said the dicount had been discontinued, then they said, "since we can't get it in until March,the discount does not apply".

Now, everyone knows that you must pay upfront for parts that need to be ordered, so that is not what upsets me. What I don't like is that they didn't take the ad down. It seems to me the ad applies to whatever they choose to apply it too, but they aren't going to tell you upfront. The 15% discount is still in effect, but it does not apply to handlebars. That is all that needs to be said. I guess I am just fustrated with how dealers do business.

I wouldn't buy a new bike from a Harley dealer because they act like you need them, they don't need you. I learned the hard way.Just my opinion from experience.

You can buy everything you need for your Harley (everything) for at least 30% of their store prices if you look on the internet.

The dealers are pimps and the parts are like prostitutes. The dealers know you are coming sooner or later (no pun intended). We go to the dealer to get some...and instead we get it up the third eye!

There are a lot of deals out on the internet for parts and bikes. I don't know why I put up with the dealers bs.

I have spent a lot of money at both dealers (Sacramento and Elk Grove) and finally, they put the last nail in the coffin!

Thanks for letting me vent. Ride Safe!
ORIGINAL: 05 FLSTFSEI

When you send an email to the “Service Appointment Request” on there web site it goes into a melting pot in Sac and “if” it gets answered it is by the gal that dose the web site; she has no idea what is going on in the real world. You need to call the service manager in Elk Grove to get the correct answer.
They do not order parts without first paying; so yes to get your discount you would have to pay first. If you make your appointment before February 28th you will still get your discount on labor as well. H-D of Elk Grove has an exceptional service department; I have had several problems with Sac and Valley in Stockton.
They also have a new sales staff; so if you thought they were pushy those folks are gone. I bought a new bike there in June 2005; I had a great experience; no pushy sales people then? I have always found it better to deal in person rather over the phone or email.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:36 AM
Hogtoad
Cruiser

I don't think you can buy a Harley from a Honda dealer can you? Or are you thinking of buying off-line somewhere?

Old 02-23-2007, 12:46 AM
godshd
Advanced

It seems to me that you have a right to be upset. I would call the head cheese and let him know all the information and see what he has to say about it. No, it should not take that to get something done but sometimes you have to push the buttons in order for the right hand to see what the left is doing.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:46 AM
baron3547
Cruiser

?
ORIGINAL: Hogtoad

I don't think you can buy a Harley from a Honda dealer can you? Or are you thinking of buying off-line somewhere?

Old 02-23-2007, 12:49 AM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

Wow! $90 an hour? Here in NJ, $70 an hour and I thought that is too much!

Old 02-23-2007, 12:57 AM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

$68 in ATL, but you can go to Big Dogit's $55 the Indys are $50 or less.

ORIGINAL: Streetrunner

Wow! $90 an hour? Here in NJ, $70 an hour and I thought that is too much!

Quick Reply: Elk Grove Harley Davidson Sucks!