Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

903 DOWNLOAD GOT YOU DOWN? PEP IT BACK UP WITH your PCIII

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 12:49 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 903 DOWNLOAD GOT YOU DOWN? PEP IT BACK UP WITH your PCIII

Ok, heres something that might help a few of you out that have the PCIII and after the 903 download(torque smoothing) you feel it lost some of its *****. Mine did anyway. I had a conversation with Jamie at fuel moto and to replace what the 903 removed using the PCIII open your timing table and add a 3 to the table in the areas that have 0 from 2000 rpm till you get to the ones that have values. If your map already has values from 2000 and up, add the 3 to the 80% colum from 2000-3500 instead and see if it helps. He said this could cause the ping to return if lugging but it is rare for it to happen. I think I will give it a try as long as Im still running the PCIII for now. Jamie said the 903 download has turned out to be a good thing with dyno tests being almost identical to before the download. This might give some of us who noticed a change from a hard puller to a milder power band what we want back.

Old 02-22-2007, 01:00 PM
Gutman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 903 DOWNLOAD GOT YOU DOWN? PEP IT BACK UP WITH your PCIII

Thanks for the info. Many are not happy with that download. It smoothed out power and feels " flat."

Old 02-22-2007, 03:50 PM
THABULL
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had mine reflashed yesterday , it is a whole lot smoother with no noticable loss of power??

Old 02-22-2007, 05:53 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: THABULL

I had mine reflashed yesterday , it is a whole lot smoother with no noticable loss of power??
Some may not even notice, but others have complained on here numerous times, this info is only for those that want to tinker a little with the settings.

Old 02-22-2007, 06:07 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The download as believedwas actually a timing change down low.This seems to prove that.I mentioned this to Jamie after my bike had the SB903 done.It made my bike worse.Good info! But this download was also released by HD for a reason, Im sure it was for a stocker.I tend to think itwas driven to ease the shock load these lower ends are seeing.

Old 02-22-2007, 06:35 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: pittguy

The download as believedwas actually a timing change down low.This seems to prove that.I mentioned this to Jamie after my bike had the SB903 done.It made my bike worse.Good info! But this download was also released by HD for a reason, Im sure it was for a stocker.I tend to think itwas driven to ease the shock load these lower ends are seeing.
Im not sure what moco did and neither is jamie(his words) as moco does not release info on their maps, he says in dyno tests he can't see much difference over one on a non 903 bike. It was in the timing and not in the fuel. I see it this way, if you look at every 07 map from the ones dynojet offers to the ones fuelmoto does every single one starts at 2000 or 2500 rpm and add a value of 4 only in the 100% throtle position. All other spaces are left a 0%. So all the PC tuners have used Harleys settings as the base and only added slightly in the 100% area. It may be it needs a little more in the 100% area or even lower 80% or lower. It was just interesting idea he had about adding in a little to see if it gave it a little more ummph. Its up to anyone on their own if they want to try and use any of this info.

Old 02-22-2007, 06:52 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member

With all the EPA thing and since HD was written off by the testing,I didnt think a fuel change was done.From what Ive been able to find out w/my bikes other problems the timing change was most likely what was done and although I wasnt personally told this, only in a round about way,it appeared to be a timing change at one cylinder only.That was what I mentioned to Jamie.

Old 02-22-2007, 07:06 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member

Just another moco secret we dont know

Old 02-22-2007, 08:27 PM
Cruiser 1970
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Since the 903 download, my mileage went down 5 MPG. Can just a timing change have that much affect?

Old 02-22-2007, 08:52 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member

Timing,winter gas blends,you riding style,carrying around big tax return can affect mileage.

Quick Reply: 903 DOWNLOAD GOT YOU DOWN? PEP IT BACK UP WITH your PCIII