Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many wear Mesh jackets with Armor?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 05:05 AM
C908
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Default How many wear Mesh jackets with Armor?

Been thinking about trying a Mesh jacket with Armor. Seems like my arms get roasted more in the summer by the sun than they use to. I've tried using sunscreen but get tired of messing with it. I started wearing a long sleeve t shirt when I'm riding for long periods at a time. I never did give much thought to armor but recently I've been thinking more about it because of all the people I see texting and driving.Just wondering how many others wear this type of jacket and what their thoughts are. As always thanks for your comments.

Old 05-18-2013, 05:30 AM
D-9 OPERATOR
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ordered a Motorport air mesh Kevlar jacket with armor
Said to be the most protective out there
You might want to check then out
Small company in Southern California and all made in USA

Old 05-18-2013, 05:32 AM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

I do. Love my Olympic Motorsports Airglide jacket. Mesh outer with armor. Waterproof and warm liner. I ride it from from the 20's to 90+. Super comfortable and it comes in black if you want it.

www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/olympia-airglide-4-jacket

Last edited by Pumba11; 05-18-2013 at 05:41 AM.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:38 AM
Black King
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup. I wear one all the time.

Old 05-18-2013, 05:57 AM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by C908
Been thinking about trying a Mesh jacket with Armor. Seems like my arms get roasted more in the summer by the sun than they use to...
I use to live in the deep south and with the intense sun and summer temps, some sort of cover was needed to avoid nasty burns.

I wore both a kevlar mesh jacket and pants...both had padded armor as well but I took them out as they quickly became sweat generators.

If you're looking for a garment just to cover up from sunburns, most heavy cotton will do. But if you want protection from road rash too, be selective as to the material. Many garments advertised as good for pavement slides are really not...especially if they are nylon. Most manufacturers will not tell you the type of material or its denier...stay away from that stuff.

Motoport's Kevlar stuff is expensive but top notch!

Old 05-18-2013, 06:09 AM
Flintshooter54
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I do to most of the time when it's hot. I have two and I much prefer the softer of the two. It also packs smaller in the saddle bag. Probably not as much protection as the bulkier one but better than a t shirt. I especially like something on the highway. At speed the air goes right through. (As expected) but its better than I thought b

Old 05-18-2013, 06:12 AM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

I do most all of the time. I have a jacket from Cortech that I really like. It has two removable layers (rain layer and insulation layer) and makes for a great summer air flow jacket while maintaining the protection of shoulder, elbow, and back padding. Also protection from damaging sun on your arms is a side-benefit as well.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:12 AM
Harleycruiser
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Yea, joe rocket. Hit a deer last year before I got it, let the jacket take the damage, easy to replace.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:14 AM
rubberfrog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 124 Likes on 87 Posts

I have one. It definately lets the air through at speed. It's no cooler than my leather once I slow down. I have taken to wearing the leather more lately as I find it breathes just as well with the vents open (arms, chest, back) and it offers more protection. Both jackets have armor.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:17 AM
cmhfguy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joe Rocket with textile and mesh with armour underneath. The textile layer is removable on hot days to leave just the mess and armour. Same with my Joe Rocket pants. Both are excellent apparel. To answer your subject line question.... 54,321

Quick Reply: How many wear Mesh jackets with Armor?