Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many wear Mesh jackets with Armor?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 08:25 AM
yzergod
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Big fan of mesh. I just got a HD full mesh for about $110 and the armor $25 for elbows & $25 for shoulders. Not sure why they sell the armor separate other than to make more $$. Seems good quality so far. My favorite is my full mesh from Speed & Strength! The best quality made jackets at the best price. It came with the best armor I've seen, a zip out rain/wind liner that takes the morning chill off going to work and folds up small to store for the ride home. Sizes are real man sized too so a XXL isn't made for a 4'10" man-child in Bangladesh. I also have a Bohn armor mesh undershirt that I wear under a hoodie or long sleeve t-shirt that works pretty well.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:27 AM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 140 Likes on 117 Posts

I seldom wear my leather in the summer. I have a cheap shift perforated jacket and an old joe rocket silver Phoenix mesh jacket which is my go to when it gets around 100+. Both have armor. I try to dress for the fall, even when it gets hot.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:30 AM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,530 Likes on 1,425 Posts

HD Mesh Jacket with armor here also. Pretty good vents.
A tip: I keep a long sleeve pullover in one of my bags, never know when you might be out and about when the ride gets a little cool for you or your Sweetie.
Some cool mornings I may wear it under the mesh when I leave, then put it away when ready.
Mesh is a good addition to the coat rack.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:40 AM
WIHD55
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitely get one if you don't. I have a HD one that I added all of the armor to. Packs well.

I also carry my FXRG quilted liner to put on when a chill hits at the end of the day.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:53 AM
basselope
Road Captain

HD Dust Storm switchback jacket here. Kinda heavy when fully assembled, but does a great job in every weather condition I've had it in. Zip off the outer layers and it stays pretty cool unless your sitting in the sun at a stop.

Still haven't figured out how the "self-storing" rain liner is supposed to stash away without giving me a Quasimodo hump... but that's why we have bags, right?

Old 05-18-2013, 09:23 AM
Tedjay
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Pumba11
I do. Love my Olympic Motorsports Airglide jacket. Mesh outer with armor. Waterproof and warm liner. I ride it from from the 20's to 90+. Super comfortable and it comes in black if you want it.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/o...glide-4-jacket
+1 on the Airglide jacket. I've had mine for a month and I'm very happy with it. Plenty of pockets too.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:29 AM
89FLHT
Stellar HDF Member
Received 150 Likes on 83 Posts

Run a vanson leather jacket with armor. medium weight with zipper vents, ride all summer in it. in the fall , spring and winter. close the zippers and have a thermal shirt and sweatshirt to handle the cold.

If I were to go to textile, I'd go for the highest threadcount possible to get the best abraision resistance.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:32 AM
Markk9
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I wear a first gear mesh jacket, as long as I'm moving it's not hot. Stopped in traffic, it gets a bit hot.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:05 AM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the HD mesh coat with armor. It also has reflective Harley Davidson on the back, stays comfortable in 100 degree heat.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:23 AM
LVNightster
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HD mesh jacket with armor. I never leave home without!

Quick Reply: How many wear Mesh jackets with Armor?