Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many wear Mesh jackets with Armor?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 06:23 AM
mikebaby
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a H-D mesh jacket, and a TourMaster jacket. Both are great, and have plenty of airflow. The TourMaster has more protection in the event of an accident.

mikebaby

Old 05-18-2013, 06:31 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Another mesh jacket/touring rider here...mine's a Nitro Racing w/foam padding. Over the years, I've removed most of the pads b/c it gets pretty "saucy" here in NE summers. Still a nice/comfy jacket.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:45 AM
rwtrick
Road Captain
Received 305 Likes on 96 Posts

I do and glad I do.. Last year I crashed, I broke some ribs, but without the jacket, helmet, gloves & boots it would have been much worse.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:45 AM
VB2KDH
Road Master
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 271 Likes on 90 Posts

I do on most occasions; definitely on Interstate roadway. Have a Vega Mainstay (Silver) mesh with CE armor and removable liner for summer riding. Have vented leather jacket with CE armor for the cool/cold rides.
My lady has a vented Denim jacket with CE Armor and I just bought her an Olympia Bonneville Mesh (silver) with Removable CE Motion Flex armor at elbows and shoulders and Removable CE Motion Flex articulated back protector and comes with a removable waterproof/windproof liner. Her cold weather leather jacket has vents and CE armor as well.

My son who is a self taught knee dragger and stunt bike rider quickly came to realize the benefit of leather/armor after numerous occasions of leaving enough skin on the road to cover a mannequin. On three occasions, the armor has been a skin/bone saver to me...once was rider error out on a very rural road that had gravel in a sharp curve and the other two due to a cager running a red light.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:51 AM
FLHTK
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wear an Olympia mesh jacket with armor at the elbows, shoulder and back in hot weather. Leather jacket with armor when it's cold. Wouldn't ride without armor, have enough scars.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:09 AM
WindRider80
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mesh jackets with armours are the only ones I wear in my hot South East Asia country. Never touched my leather jackets anymore

Old 05-18-2013, 07:14 AM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member
Received 607 Likes on 441 Posts

I just got the airglide 4. Still trying to get used to it. Around town been roasting in it with the 80* temps we had lately.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:35 AM
jefla
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Yes, pretty much always. I've a Rev'It Airwave mesh and GTX multilayer. In big heat at most any speed, the Airwaive is cooler than t-shirt or long sleeve because your skin is non being bombed by UV and the mesh works. I buy the light colored stuff because its MUCH cooler and more visible, although maybe not in keeping w/ HD image. (I'll make my own image.) Cotton does not stop UV, so you can get fried in cotton. It's useless for sun protection.

I also have kevlar mesh shirts from Draggin Jeans (and lined jeans). http://www.dragginjeans.com/ Definitely cooler than cotton, and its kevlar.

For me, the peace of mind that comes with real protective gear makes for a whole new experience.

I don't know the US company some have mentioned. Next time I buy I will look into them. I gladly pay more to keep neighbors employed.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:08 AM
Climb14er
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Motoport Marathon Kevlar mesh with liners jacket with Mesh Kevlar pants.

Excellent for all the weather zones and temps of Colorado and the west.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:11 AM
roadglider1
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

When the weather is hot I switch from leather to mesh. Also have mesh riding pants
for hot days.

Quick Reply: How many wear Mesh jackets with Armor?