Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Landers Toad Suck HD - thanks

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 08:29 AM
LS Bob
Road Warrior
Received 205 Likes on 138 Posts

The interesting thing, to me anyway, is how many people think this can never happen. An important ingredient here is you were respectful, not to mention patient and appreciative, in dealing with the service department. The combination of some really decent employees at the dealer and a customer who doesn't act like an azz makes for a good experience.
Nice to hear how that can work out, even today.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:34 AM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by LS Bob
The interesting thing, to me anyway, is how many people think this can never happen. An important ingredient here is you were respectful, not to mention patient and appreciative, in dealing with the service department. The combination of some really decent employees at the dealer and a customer who doesn't act like an azz makes for a good experience.
Nice to hear how that can work out, even today.
Indeed. The way so many people toss out attitude today amazes me. I've seen people in stores, restaurants, car dealers - hell, everywhere - that think the world owes them something. If you don't drop everything you're doing, you get accused of being an a$$ and the situation always seems to escalate.

A little bit of respect goes a long way, I say.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:56 AM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

That is awesome. Had one of my local shops lend me allen wrenches one time, and really respect them for that, because so many won't.

I knew exactly what you meant by Toad Suck bc I have family & friends that work for Kimberly-Clark and have been to Toad Suck many times.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:12 AM
SilverEagle50
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Yea, I knew that was their name as well and can see how someone that didn't know that dealer would confuse it as being a negative. Haven't ever been to their dealership but did see their booth at the Hot Springs rally. Cool Shirts.
Always good to hear a positive Dealer story. Have one myself, but don't want to steal this thread.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:21 AM
big cahuna
Grand HDF Member
Received 241 Likes on 161 Posts

I've never heard of any business that had the word "suck" as part of their name.,,

Old 05-17-2013, 04:07 AM
mcw999
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by big cahuna
I've never heard of any business that had the word "suck" as part of their name.,,
When I first saw the name, I had to stop by and check it out. Their t-shirts are good, too. They can be conversation starters, or preventers, depending on where you are.

Old 05-17-2013, 04:22 AM
bgdv1
Road Master
Received 223 Likes on 70 Posts

cool story not what I figured it to be, but glad to hear they're dealers out there willing to do that.

Old 05-17-2013, 05:42 AM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Friend of mine got a shirt for me from toad suck. I love it, that dealer name is unique and I hope to get there some day. I have worn that shirt out.

Kewl story and a great dealer name!

Old 05-17-2013, 06:35 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,168 Likes on 3,676 Posts

Look how much positive stuff came out of just helping out a rider in need...I am a customer service manager and i do stuff sometimes fo rcustomers that some would think is not needed but i do it just because and they remember...

Old 05-17-2013, 11:07 PM
Sire2Twins
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great story. We have quite a few choices in the Denver area. I have generally had good to great experiences with all of them. I think having a lot of competition in close proximity helps that aspect, but it does make it hard sometimes choosing which one you want to give business to. I try to spread it around a bit until that time when the service isn't so good. And as UUNetBill said, a lot of it has to do your attitude also.

Quick Reply: Landers Toad Suck HD - thanks