Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I found a killer air horn option

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 11:49 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default I found a killer air horn option

caint believe yall aint found it yet....the new KURYAKYN horns mountbehind(oops [:-])of the shocks, face down, are hidden, are loud, covered by the bag...and best of all, dont stick out like a ugly stepchild on the side of the bike

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp...ey&ci=3787

Old 02-21-2007, 11:56 PM
rleggs
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: I found a killer air horn option

Looks like behind the right rear shock to me. May be worth looking at while in Daytona.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:59 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

What makes you think WE didn't know about it? We just didn't tell YOU! [sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 02-22-2007, 12:05 AM
scarnay
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could have used them today!!!

Old 02-22-2007, 12:10 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

What occurs to me is that they aren't as loud as some available (115 vs. 128db for the Rivcos, for example), and the HD docking kit(s) may interfere with some of the attachment points. They say to compare the "view on bike" photo with your setup and decide, but that might not be an accurate enough method to make a decision on a good fit. I'm amazed that these things can be stuffed between the wheel and saddlebag without hitting something. Also, would the placement (surrounded by solid objects and pointing down) muffle the sound enough to make a difference? Competitors are out in the open and it seems their position would carry the sound better. As a purely subjective comment, I like the looks of the trumpets in plain view on the left side of the bike.

Old 02-22-2007, 03:45 AM
SeaHag
Road Master

ORIGINAL: iclick

What occurs to me is that they aren't as loud as some available (115 vs. 128db for the Rivcos, for example), and the HD docking kit(s) may interfere with some of the attachment points. They say to compare the "view on bike" photo with your setup and decide, but that might not be an accurate enough method to make a decision on a good fit. I'm amazed that these things can be stuffed between the wheel and saddlebag without hitting something. Also, would the placement (surrounded by solid objects and pointing down) muffle the sound enough to make a difference? Competitors are out in the open and it seems their position would carry the sound better. As a purely subjective comment, I like the looks of the trumpets in plain view on the left side of the bike.
I gotta agree with you here...the trumpets look a whole heck of a lot better than the cowbell HD puts there.

Old 02-22-2007, 06:44 AM
Bigredone
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had the mini-beast, didn't like the looks, sent it back.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:58 AM
thesmithiz
Cruiser

I would think that the trumpets not facing into the wind alone should make it sound louder, I had 5 Hella trumpets all facing side to side in car I used to have.....very loud. I saw this set up on thier site a few days ago and looked at the install instructions and the close proximity to the rear disk and wheel maks me nervous. I am also in the camp of not liking the trumpets showing, everbody has a preferance.

Old 02-22-2007, 10:01 AM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HD air horn is LOUD!

Old 02-22-2007, 10:12 AM
ranjon56
Intermediate

I looked at several options for my 05 RKC...finally settled on the HD like bountyhunter has...no regrets...that thing is LOUD!

Quick Reply: I found a killer air horn option