Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLTRU windshield options?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 07:52 AM
47909Rider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And cptdenny - F-4 Customs' site doesn't list an option for Road Glides.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:47 AM
Clearview Shields
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Not considering Clearview Shields? Why?

Originally Posted by 47909Rider
The stock windshield doesn't provide quite enough wind protection here in windy-*** Indiana so I'm looking for something taller (or simply better). Tried out the H-D Windsplitter as a demo from my dealer... Yeahhhh... that made things worse.

So I'm curious what windshields others have on their RG's and like.

We've been designing and manufacturing windshields for 27 years and have many thousands of happy RG customers...our shields will allow you to have a nice view over AND still get the protection you are needing. Feel free to give me a call or email...I'd be glad to discuss the options. Also, all of our shields are shipped with a masking on them so you can test ride and return if they don't meet your expectations - and yes, we offer an HD Forums discount. Look forward to hearing from you.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:44 AM
cptdenny
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

And cptdenny - F-4 Customs' site doesn't list an option for Road Glides.
Thanks for bringing this up to my attention. It appears F-4 Customs have discontinued selling their windshields for Road Glides for the time being.

I must have gotten one of the last ones for my Road Glide. You can see it mounted on my RG in the photo below.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:01 AM
NorCalFBLO
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

on my 2013 RGC I went with the 15" WindVest. Works excellent and I'm 6'2", 34 inseam.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:44 AM
eathomps
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Madstad. I've tried various height HD shields, a 12" Klockwerks and a 16" Cee Baileys Euro on my '02 through the years. I put a 13" Madstad on this last fall and I'm done buying windshields.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:59 PM
easybiker
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The stock windshield doesn't provide quite enough wind protection here in windy-*** Indiana so I'm looking for something taller (or simply better). Tried out the H-D Windsplitter as a demo from my dealer... Yeahhhh... that made things worse.

So I'm curious what windshields others have on their RG's and like.
If you want to eliminate wind buffet there is only one windshield that will do it completely MadStad. http://www.madstad.com/. Check them out. You can also go to Thunder Press online and read a review of the MadStad.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:12 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

If you want a really good windshield, one that is scratch resistant and bullet proof, you better check out National Cycle's Vstream line-up. Copied...never matched.

http://shop.nationalcycle.com/perl/c...h_model=hr-053

Old 05-15-2013, 04:42 PM
Beav
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After you've gone through 5-6 "cool" shields, you'll get the Madstad.

After that, your done.

Beav

Old 05-15-2013, 04:57 PM
RoadGlideGary
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cee Bailey folks: did you use their recommended size chart, or did you deviate from that and choose your own size?

I'm 5'8", so that puts me at a 14" shield according to their charts, and honestly that seems like it's gonna be too short to really provide any protection. So I'm curious.

gipper: not sure which size Windsplitter it is. They only have 2 for demo and I've got the larger of the 2. I'm definitely not looking THROUGH it - it's only about lip-level on me, if that. (And I'm only 5'8"...)
I went with my own measure - 5'10" 33 inch inseam = 16 inch. Perfect for vision and protection right about the bridge of the nose. No tint, clear.

Old 05-15-2013, 05:09 PM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,854 Likes on 1,001 Posts

Cee Bailey folks: did you use their recommended size chart, or did you deviate from that and choose your own size?

I'm 5'8", so that puts me at a 14" shield according to their charts, and honestly that seems like it's gonna be too short to really provide any protection. So I'm curious.

gipper: not sure which size Windsplitter it is. They only have 2 for demo and I've got the larger of the 2. I'm definitely not looking THROUGH it - it's only about lip-level on me, if that. (And I'm only 5'8"...)
I'm 6' with a 34" inseam running a 14" Cee Glide on an '09, it fits pretty well. I probably could have gone an inch taller, but it is dark tint so I wanted to be sure I could look over it.

Quick Reply: FLTRU windshield options?