Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4" Rinehart Slip-on vs 3.5 Thinking of going smaller

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013 | 06:11 PM
GySgtGomez(USMC)
|
Intermediate
Default 4" Rinehart Slip-on vs 3.5 Thinking of going smaller

I know this topic has been covered, but I honestly have been considering of going to the 3.5" slip-ons. I currently have the 4" slip-ons and honestly I want something louder with more of a POP to it. Don't get me wrong I love my pipes, but I am one of those that like it loud.

My question is and I am seeking opinions on should I down grade to the smaller pipe? Are they the same? Has anyone here had both of these pipes next to each other and listened to them?

I understand this is opening a huge can of worms, but I am seeking some input. Thanks in advance.

Old 05-14-2013 | 06:25 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

They make a larger 2 1/2" baffle for your 4", I would try that first.

Old 05-14-2013 | 07:08 PM
OldArmy
Outstanding HDF Member

Interesting, most folks are going the other way. I've had both and while I'm happier with the 4", there is one thing I miss from the 3.5" slip ons. When you fire up the 3.5s you get a really sweet bang-craaaaaack at startup. Other than that what you have to watch out for is people riding behind you. They sound great to the rider but I have had multiple folks cry about what it sounds like from behind. Don't get that from the 4.0s.

Old 05-14-2013 | 07:21 PM
GySgtGomez(USMC)
|
Intermediate

Texas, I did not know that was an option to change out the baffles. Thank you for the input and I will definitely check that out. Army, I understand about what the folks behind me will hear but sometimes I really don't care. I know that sounds harsh and insensitive, and I try to be a nice guy, but the Old Retired Gunny likes to stir the $$$$, if you know what I mean.

Old 05-14-2013 | 07:30 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member

I really like my 3.5's, so much in fact that I bought another set this past Christmas as I got a good deal on them for that might need another set sometime!!

I ride alone pretty much most of the time anyway so I don't worry about people thinking I am too loud.
Classic sound!!
Hard to beat!!

Old 05-14-2013 | 07:35 PM
rs03371
Cruiser

With a cat free headpipe i love mine. Sounds so much better with a free flowing headpipe.

Old 05-14-2013 | 07:37 PM
gmc
Road Warrior

I went fr. 3 1/2" Rinehart TD to MGs 4" TD's and the sound and performance difference is amazing. I live in Sandy so if you want to hear them I'm close.

Old 05-14-2013 | 07:41 PM
GySgtGomez(USMC)
|
Intermediate

I ran across a post that someone suggested to put on a Vance and Hines Power Dual Headers. He said it helped some, but as I was looking Vance and Hines has Power Duals and Dresser Duals. What is the difference besides the look? Anyone know? Because at this point I am looking to either sell these 4's or trade someone who has the 3.5's.

Old 05-14-2013 | 07:44 PM
gmc
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by GySgtGomez(USMC)
I ran across a post that someone suggested to put on a Vance and Hines Power Dual Headers. He said it helped some, but as I was looking Vance and Hines has Power Duals and Dresser Duals. What is the difference besides the look? Anyone know? Because at this point I am looking to either sell these 4's or trade someone who has the 3.5's.
Here's a good clip.

Old 05-14-2013 | 07:49 PM
rs03371
Cruiser

I'm running the fuel moto jackpot 2-1-2 stainless headpipe. Best investment i have made.

Quick Reply: 4" Rinehart Slip-on vs 3.5 Thinking of going smaller