Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

true track or str8

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 07:42 PM
ffb
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default true track or str8

has anyone here installed either the true track or the str8 on their bikes ??

and what is the end result ?

thank you

ffb

Old 02-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Fly Fast
Cruiser
Default RE: true track or str8

Go for the Ride Str8. It is a better design. No clearance problems. It took me 1.5 hours to install. Could do it in 40min. now.

Old 02-21-2007, 10:42 PM
Gutman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fly Fast might be right, I have only used the tru-track. It added some vibration, but drags on right handers all the time. Could tell a positive holeshot advantage with it however. I took it off because it dragged so much.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:05 PM
kdietz
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Fly Fast

Go for the Ride Str8. It is a better design. No clearance problems. It took me 1.5 hours to install. Could do it in 40min. now.
Ditto

Old 02-21-2007, 11:36 PM
tgaetto
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Link?

Old 02-21-2007, 11:49 PM
GGC
Road Warrior

wtf is a str8 or true track???

Old 02-21-2007, 11:52 PM
kdietz
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: tgaetto

Link?
http://www.ridestr8.com/

Old 02-22-2007, 12:12 AM
GGC
Road Warrior

Sorry ,I'm still learning,thank you kdietz, How do you like the ride str8, I see you have it on your option list. My 07 ultra is stock ,but I Love it!!

Old 02-22-2007, 12:18 AM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

After deliberating for a long time, I went with Accu-Track.
I have a friend with True-Track and he swears by it. The quality is awesome, but I had reservations around the clearance issues, etc. The only way for me to justify buying it was over the web out of the U.S. They want too many $$$ for them up here.
I broke down and decided, what the ****, but they took so long to get back to me I missed my window. I was launching on a trip through Montana, Idaho, Utah, Nevada, Calif., Oregon, and Washington and was planning on picking it up and installing it along the way. I decided there was no way I was going to give them my money after that.

I preferred the Ride STR8 overall, but had no interest in giving up my rear floorboard mount in order to keep the price sane. Too expensive, IMO.
Awhile later, I stumbled across Accu-Track. NOTE; I have not installed this yet, so I cannot comment fully on it.
It bolts through the frame crossmember like True-Track, but has a mount on the side of the frame like Ride-STR8. The two tie together and then secure through a hiem joint mount like the others. It is made from powder-coated metal plate, will not have clearance issues, has to be more ridgid than either of the others, but heavier as a result, I'm thinking. I'm guessing it tips the scales at about 6ish pounds tops.
It lists for the same price as True-Track, but they gave me a $50 discount 'cause I found it on their website. They picked up the shipping as well.
I hope to get it installed inside of a month, at which point I'll have a full review.

Below is where I discovered Accu-Track. Have a look. I'm not trying to sell any of you on it, but it's another alternative to the two others available out there. I believe that both of them have their drawbacks, so this is what I ended up going with.

http://www.purefnperformance.com/

CN

Old 02-22-2007, 12:22 AM
bay13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have true-track installed on my roadking custom. Took a little over an hour, I'm slow, wanted to ensure I did it correctly. I installed it cause on long turns on the parkway at highway speeds I had a loping not quite a wobble but, just in case I installed it, and now no more lope/wobble. Mine doesn't drag at all, my floor boards would scrape before it did. Keep in mind the Custom is lowered as well.

Quick Reply: true track or str8