Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

STREET GLIDE REAR FENDER TRIM NOT A RESTIRCTED PART

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 07:38 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Default STREET GLIDE REAR FENDER TRIM NOT A RESTIRCTED PART

Apologies for a lengthy post. For those fourm members who had considered adding the Street Glide rear fender trim w/ LED light to their touring bikes but didn't because the part was VIN restricted (could only be purchased witha VIN from a real Street Glide), the part is no longer restricted, and has not been for at least several months. The LED light kit was never VIN restricted.

List price on the trim piece ("Facia" in HD parts book lingo) is $93.95, and the LED kit $75.95. The part number for vivid black facia is 59739-06DH (for other Street Glide colors just drop the DH and replace it with the letters for the appropriate color; if you don't know the letters, check the 2007 Catalog's listings for fairing lowers, find your color and the letters are your color code).

I posted this after seeing an auction on eBay where a vivid black facia and light kit sold for $395.00. That's a helluva profit for the seller and a huge premium to pay by the purchaser (who I hope is not a member of this forum).

There are additonal bolts, nuts, etc. that are needed for the installation, and if you have a touring bike with a fender tip lamp, you will need to fill a quarter size hole in the fender where the fender tip wiring passed through the fender, or purchase a SG fender on ebay or from HD. If you have an RK Custom or RG, you will need to drill three holes on each side of the fender (using the facia as a template) for the bolts that secure the facia to the fender. If you want the parts list, send me a PM with your email address and I will email you the pages from the 2006 HD Parts book (pages 112 and 113) which show pictures of the parts (page 112) and the corresponding part name and numbers (page 113).

I am not promoting the installation of the Street Glide fender trim and LED light on touring bikes; just would hate to see a forum member overpay thinking the trim piece is still VIN restricted by HD when it is not.

Old 02-21-2007, 07:51 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: STREET GLIDE REAR FENDER TRIM NOT A RESTIRCTED PART

Nice to know but youve been able to buy them since last september at my dealer anyway.

Old 02-21-2007, 08:25 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,843 Likes on 1,599 Posts

Very stand up. Thanks for the info. Ebay bas-tards...

lp

ORIGINAL: Harleypingman

Apologies for a lengthy post. For those fourm members who had considered adding the Street Glide rear fender trim w/ LED light to their touring bikes but didn't because the part was VIN restricted (could only be purchased witha VIN from a real Street Glide), the part is no longer restricted, and has not been for at least several months. The LED light kit was never VIN restricted.

List price on the trim piece ("Facia" in HD parts book lingo) is $93.95, and the LED kit $75.95. The part number for vivid black facia is 59739-06DH (for other Street Glide colors just drop the DH and replace it with the letters for the appropriate color; if you don't know the letters, check the 2007 Catalog's listings for fairing lowers, find your color and the letters are your color code).

I posted this after seeing an auction on eBay where a vivid black facia and light kit sold for $395.00. That's a helluva profit for the seller and a huge premium to pay by the purchaser (who I hope is not a member of this forum).

There are additonal bolts, nuts, etc. that are needed for the installation, and if you have a touring bike with a fender tip lamp, you will need to fill a quarter size hole in the fender where the fender tip wiring passed through the fender, or purchase a SG fender on ebay or from HD. If you have an RK Custom or RG, you will need to drill three holes on each side of the fender (using the facia as a template) for the bolts that secure the facia to the fender. If you want the parts list, send me a PM with your email address and I will email you the pages from the 2006 HD Parts book (pages 112 and 113) which show pictures of the parts (page 112) and the corresponding part name and numbers (page 113).

I am not promoting the installation of the Street Glide fender trim and LED light on touring bikes; just would hate to see a forum member overpay thinking the trim piece is still VIN restricted by HD when it is not.

Old 02-21-2007, 08:33 PM
TexasBowhunter
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice tip
Thanks

Old 02-09-2014, 02:55 PM
klinton994
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Harleypingman,
please send message or email to me. I would like copies of the 2006 parts manual listing parts needed to install 2006-2008 flxh fascia on early road glide.
I am unable to send email or messages. Possibly because Im a new member

Old 02-09-2014, 03:43 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 10,359 Likes on 5,499 Posts

In 07 put the fasica from a SG on a RG with no problem bough the parts right from HD dealer. No vin needed.. Many of us add the parts to a RG until Hd started putting them on. Then we added them to the RGU

SG parts on an 07 RG before HD put them on.

RG custom and SG parts on a 2013 RGU.
Dealer installed it for me I was laid up a bit at the time

Old 02-09-2014, 03:49 PM
timberland
Road Master
Location: Log home in SE Michigan full time. Log cabin in east TN, Smoky Mountians part time
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I did the mod back in 2008....the parts back then were available from a 2009 SERG.

Old 02-09-2014, 04:04 PM
Egldr05
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I've got a 06 SG fender (Candy Red Sunglo) complete with fascia, turn signals and Kury plate bracket I'll be putting on CL soon. PM me if interested ($300+ shipping).

Rick

Old 02-09-2014, 04:16 PM
Florida Swamp Yankee
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Question

Is it possible to install just the fillers and not the light? I want to fill in the gaps but keep the stock RK fender trim. I've seen the Kury fillers and don't like the chrome there.

Down here in the low county everything to ride on is made of limestone and the back of my bags and fender are always covered in white residue after riding in damp conditions.

Any feedback on options to fill the gaps would be appreciated. I can fabricate and paint anything but the strips themselves.

Thanks

Old 02-09-2014, 10:13 PM
wpvtx
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Florida Swamp Yankee
Is it possible to install just the fillers and not the light? I want to fill in the gaps but keep the stock RK fender trim. I've seen the Kury fillers and don't like the chrome there.

Down here in the low county everything to ride on is made of limestone and the back of my bags and fender are always covered in white residue after riding in damp conditions.

Any feedback on options to fill the gaps would be appreciated. I can fabricate and paint anything but the strips themselves.

Thanks
Here is how I added fillers on my limited.

Attached Thumbnails  STREET GLIDE REAR FENDER TRIM NOT A RESTIRCTED PART-img_0001_2.jpg    STREET GLIDE REAR FENDER TRIM NOT A RESTIRCTED PART-img_0593.jpg    STREET GLIDE REAR FENDER TRIM NOT A RESTIRCTED PART-img_0595.jpg    STREET GLIDE REAR FENDER TRIM NOT A RESTIRCTED PART-img_0597.jpg    STREET GLIDE REAR FENDER TRIM NOT A RESTIRCTED PART-img_0010.jpg  

Quick Reply: STREET GLIDE REAR FENDER TRIM NOT A RESTIRCTED PART