Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RK-RG-UC which/why

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007 | 01:09 PM
snoopy
Advanced
Default RE: RK-RG-UC which/why

I have 03RK &07RG if i had to pick one it would be RK. You can change look of it easy. I have two windshields three seats there tour packs. RG is great. UC faring makes me feel closed in.And seems every one has one.

Old 02-23-2007 | 03:00 PM
BiggestDawg
Advanced HDF Member

I went with the UC because the wife likes to go along for rides and her comfort is important too. I found that I can take off the lowers when all I am doing is around town riding and put them on when we are going on a trip. Ya it's a little work to do that but no biggie. My bro-in-law put a shorter wind screen on his. If it weren't for the wife I would prolly go with the RKC myself because you can add and subtract as needed.

Old 02-23-2007 | 03:57 PM
Easyglide
Tourer

ORIGINAL: FLHT

Ok, Nobody has mentioned the ElectraGlide Classic. IMO the best bang for the buck.
Yeah, what he said.

Plus you can make the tour pak detachable and ride it more stripped down when you want.

Old 02-23-2007 | 05:50 PM
edilgdaor
Banned

I have a Road Glide.

I've added the TourPak and fairing lowers, which aren't vented like the Ultra's. And I would like to add an intercom, but doing it through the MOCO is pretty pricey. I wonder if it would have been cheaper to buy an Ultra and convert it to a fixed faring.....

Old 02-23-2007 | 06:40 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior

All three are great rides in their own right. For two-up long hauls, the Road King is the least comfortable of the three. For easiest to change configurations on, the Road King is the winner. While my choice is the Road Glide, I rarely ride two-up, and the Road Glide fits me like it was made for me. Had I been a two-up rider, I'd have gone with the Ultra, although many Road Glide owners say they ride great two-up. I traded in a '06 Road King on the '07 Road Glide, and have no regrets.

Sit on every bike ion the showroom, and ask about what's in back. I had NO intention of going with a Road Glide before I actually sat on one. As soon as I did, I KNEW....

Old 02-23-2007 | 07:44 PM
Basz
Road Master

For pure touring two up I would rate them this way:
[ol][*]Ultra - Has it all! [*]Road Glide - Add a tour-pak and lowers. [*]RK - I can never find the volume **** for the stereo?!? [8D][/ol]

Old 02-23-2007 | 10:18 PM
FoxRM250
Cruiser

Basz kinda said it all. Once you get used to or have ever had an Ultra, it would be hard to go back down.I'm on my second one. An Ultra is just so comfortable and easy to ride and has it all.I think its also by far the bestbuy for the money for what all you get compared to the other models.

Old 02-27-2007 | 04:49 PM
Hagar the Horrible
|
Outstanding HDF Member

bump

Old 03-04-2007 | 01:31 AM
MrChet
Intermediate

Well sitting in the driveway there is a 98 Sportster, an 06Softail, an 02 RKC, an 06 Ultra, and a 74 Honda CB750 with a side car! Now which one do I like best is the 64 thousand dollar question? It all comes down to what you want to do with a bike? How much and what type of riding do you do?Are you riding solo or taking someone and if so how often?
The bikes you're looking at are all basically the same except for the seats, windshield, bars, and fairings. They all have bags so you can go to the store and bring home the groceries. I have to pass on that a lot of times with the Sporty and Softail! The main difference between the bikes is the wind and a radio. I have an Ipod and it's nice but not as nice as the stereo on the ultra with my ear plugs.So the tunes really make the ride more fun. I get lost in the music and the wind when on a long ride. It's my therapy. Everyone says the RG handles best because of the frame mounted fairing. But when I test drove an 07 I didn't like the way the air hit me coming around it. I turned right around and rode a Street Glide and even though it bounced around in the wind more than the RG I liked the ride and handling better for the type of riding I do. It felt more stable to me. I was going to get it but ran across the Ultra for way too good of a deal to say no to and I'm very happy with it. Plus I saved so much I can put a 6 speed and stage II in it and still not be up to book price.
But after all is said and done if I had to go out and buy just one bike tomorrow I would get a RK Custom with cruiseand put a removable quadzilla batwing fairing for tunes on it and a detachable tour pak. Then I can change the bike to fit my mode. The only thing I'd miss would be the radio control at my thumbs reach. And I really like the autovolume that goes up and down depending on your speed. I like not having to turn it down at stop lights!
So read the posts narrow it down to 2 and go test drive them or even better go rent one for the day and put some seat time in it. Then take it back and take the next one out and do the same thing.
Let us know what you get!!!!

Old 03-04-2007 | 11:19 AM
Wally
Elite HDF Member

Cruise control, stereo, fairing lowers, all very important wouldn't want to go without features.
Add a detachable tourpac and a couple of different windshield choices and you can cover all the bases.

Quick Reply: RK-RG-UC which/why