Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RK-RG-UC which/why

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007 | 11:59 PM
PSO169
Road Master
Default RE: RK-RG-UC which/why

Its a tuff decision. I loved my Road King, but I always wanted the Stereo. Doing the math the Ultra is really hard to beat. I have to admit that the Road Glide was impressive as well. Take some seat time if possible. I liked having everything on the Ultra.
Jeff

Old 02-22-2007 | 01:45 AM
patriotmc
Road Captain

Had a2003 Road King Classic. Loved it... looks, ride. Wife wanted to do some long distance riding with me, so I put the leather tour pak on with detachable hdware.. never detached it though, even when riding alone.. the convenience of the tour pak was such that I kept it on. So the only thing missing was the fairing and lowers to make it into a true tourer. I was ready to add a fairing (2K), do some painting (1.5K), and do a 95 upgrade (2.5K kit plus bored/polished heads).. yipes a lot of money (btw, the tour pak was $800). Ok... also was looking at the 2007 Limited Edition Patriot Ultra... yep, got a great deal on the 2007 Ultra and traded up. Bike is beautiful... have only put 5 miles on it due to living in Minnesota, but can hardly wait. Even with just a few miles, it balanced perfectly.. I think it will be great... but then, the RKC was too... for that, hard to go wrong with any Harley model... I agree with the others... go ride each, then decide...

Old 02-22-2007 | 01:52 AM
ndotken
Road Captain

I bought my '07 RKC six months ago. So of course I would have to say ................................ "Buy a Road Glide."

Old 02-22-2007 | 01:56 AM
Rodman813
Road Captain

GET THE UC!!!!!!! If you get the UC you get everything such as tour pack, stereo, lower fairings, ect. If you don't need them take them off if you want a slimmed down look, and put them on when you need them. It's better to have and not need than need and have to buy.......

I have a SG....love it....but had to buy tour pack, lower fairing, ect........in addition to all the chrome.....

Old 02-22-2007 | 02:16 AM
goodbirds
Outstanding HDF Member

I started out wanting a Road King because it closely resembled my earlier Harleys. But I wound up with a Standard, sort of a Road King with batwing. Three weeks later I traded for the Ultra. My wife was the instigator.

I find the Ultra is good no matter how you use it. I like it when I putt around town, riding 20 miles to breakfast or a 5,000 mile trip. It handles really well, better than a Heritage at least, and I like the lowers too. Great motorcycle. Get one.[8D]

Old 02-22-2007 | 07:08 AM
IceHeritage
Road Master

Well i guess you can tell which one i would recommand! Yep THE ROAD GLIDE

Old 02-22-2007 | 10:04 AM
geargrinder
Road Master

UC, especially if a high % of your riding is with two aboard. We, wife and I,could not live without the intercom system and the CB when riding with our UC friends on trips. Besides enhancing the trip because of the ability to communicate, itseems muchsafer this way.

Old 02-22-2007 | 10:17 AM
Hagar the Horrible
|
Outstanding HDF Member

well I've read them all and now I have it narrowed down to a Road king, Ultra, Road Glide, Keep them comming as it is some interesting reading. I think when the right one crosses my sights, I'll know it. Thanks

Old 02-22-2007 | 12:00 PM
sanaga
Road Captain

i bought RK, and use it in 3 months only.....trade in to UC....nothing can beat the feature of UC....buy the UC....!!! u cant go wrong with UC, but maybe u can go wrong with RK.....just like me....

Old 02-22-2007 | 12:13 PM
nightglide
Road Master

there really is NO other choice then the Road Glide!!!

Quick Reply: RK-RG-UC which/why