Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Vision and Auto-Tune

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 07:55 AM
shore
Stellar HDF Member
Received 96 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Power Vision and Auto-Tune

ok, 1st off, I do not have auto-tune. I've been working with dynojet on getting the tuning right on my 120r. All I really have now is a stumble under 3k when a lot of throttle is applied. Higher the gear the worse it is. 4th gear roll-on at 2500 and it stumbles until 2900 and then takes off.

Here is what the dynojet teck told me verbatim. They are short with explanations. I'm running his tunes he sent me. I have 3 and each has been better. Now he wants me to try something else but it's auto-tune related. I'm getting the idea that you can run auto-tune basic without the actual auto-tune module on the bike.

DJ response:
If you have already corrected the injector size in the tune, I would recommend trying Auto tune feature to try and clean up what is happening under 3K RPM. If you like send me a copy of the tune you are currently running and I will try and make an adjustment for the issues as well.

mine:
I have not corrected anything in the tune, the tune is what you sent me. My injectors are 5.3 not the 4.3 that you saw was on there. I'm not sure if this makes a difference in the actual tune you're working on. I do not have auto-tune.

DJ response:

I have attached two tunes I would like you to try. As long as you still have the factory O2 sensors on the bike you can use the Auto Basic.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:20 AM
BrownSanta
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

As long as the firmware/software on your PV has been upgraded to the latest version yes you can run AT Basic using the NB sensors.

You can get the latest firmware/software from the DJ website

Old 05-12-2013, 08:30 AM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts

Exactly, Auto-tune comes for free, but you may need to download the latest version of the software off the DJ site if you don't have it. It's easy to do and when you first plug in the PV and run WinPV it asks you if you want to update the software.

There are good videos on how to do this online.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:33 AM
shore
Stellar HDF Member

ok, so AT basic works with the stock NB and the other auto-tune is for their WB sensors.

I was under the impression that auto-tune required the kit.

I guess I 'll get on running the AT after trying these two tunes.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:43 AM
fat daddy
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

You got everything you need for basic tune it's for your o2sensors if you decide to go to pro tune you'll have to change sensors but the basic tune is easy and should take care of your tune problems

Old 05-12-2013, 10:56 AM
shore
Stellar HDF Member

yup, watched the vids. Fairly straight forward. select it, run it and flash it. That's what I get for not spending a few more minutes.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:30 AM
Bushy
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

go to the place you have your PV tools and update/// Auto tune appears/// then go to bike, hook up PV and auto tune the tune you got and do 3 or 4 20 mins runs , click save and see if this is a option

Old 05-12-2013, 11:36 AM
JetD
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fat daddy
You got everything you need for basic tune it's for your o2sensors if you decide to go to pro tune you'll have to change sensors but the basic tune is easy and should take care of your tune problems
Right on, with a slight clarification.
With the Basic PV, you use your OEM NB O2 sensors with which you can do BASIC Autotuning and datalogging and get your tune very good. You should be able to easily get rid of the stumble problem you're having with some practice and reading.

With the AutoTune Pro kit (additional purchase) you will add the wideband O2 sensor kit to your exhaust system and while doing ATPro tuning, the wideband sensors will be employed to round out and improve the hard acceleration and WOT areas of your tune/map.

You can leave both the NB and the WB sensors in your exhaust systems and employ either depending on whether your are AutoTuning Pro (WBs), or AutoTuning Basic (OEM NBs), or just cruising with the great tune you have developed (reverts to the OEM NBs unless you specifically choose to monitor with the WBs).

Just my experience from directions from DJ.
As others have stated, read the instructions from DJ/FM as well as checking out their videos.

And of course there is an over 400-page thread on the forum devoted to thousands of hours of users' experiences and findings.

Old 05-12-2013, 04:58 PM
shore
Stellar HDF Member

what do you mean 3 or 4 20 min runs and click save? How long do I have to go out and ride?

Old 05-12-2013, 05:23 PM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member
Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by shore
what do you mean 3 or 4 20 min runs and click save? How long do I have to go out and ride?

The more information you can data log the better the tune you will get from the auto tune feature. I did my autotune in town and then another on the interstate about 20 minutes each time so far so good.

Quick Reply: Power Vision and Auto-Tune