Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have the HD Motorcycle Cover?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 02:26 PM
zubaugh
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Anyone have the HD Motorcycle Cover?

I've got an aftermarket cover but I want the real deal. I'm trying to decide between the 98715-85VB Touring Motorcycle Cover with Eagle Logo
and the 98742-96 Touring Storm Shield

Both appear to be good what I want is for someone who has one to tell me the pros and cons.

I don't like bending my dual antennas. I want to use this daily and while touring. I've seen the Oasis Day Cover 98717-06 but don't see why I'd need 2 covers.

Thanks for any advice!

Bob

Old 02-21-2007, 02:58 PM
navyman
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone have the HD Motorcycle Cover?

I use a cover made by DOWCO when traveling. I don't want Harley written on my cover to attract unwanted attention. I heard of a guy that puts a Honda cover over his bike for the same reason when he stops for overnights.

Old 02-21-2007, 03:01 PM
Bigredone
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use one from Wally World. Works just fine.

Old 02-21-2007, 03:05 PM
onlythebest
Road Warrior

I have the HD one, I think it was......guess??? yes you guessed it $100 dollars! Anyway it works fine and has the soft spot sewn near the wind screen. Its a bit bulky to put on but fits my SG fine. For everyday use when I know I'm taking it out daily I just cover it up with a King size black fitted sheet from walmart $14. The sheet almost fits perfect leaving only the pipes showing.

Old 02-21-2007, 03:06 PM
t_m34
Tourer

I have the touring cover without the logo (P/N 98722-90B)...same same as the one with the logo I believe, other than the logo of course. It's pretty high quality and keeps the bike dry even in big Georgia downpours. Plus I can stuff it in it's bag and strap it to the outside of my rucksack when I travel (yeah, that's right I travel with a large Army rucksack and not a fancy T-Bag or whatever...embarrassing[&:]).

Old 02-21-2007, 03:06 PM
zubaugh
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks guys! I have a Security System, Insurance and besides I'm very proud of my Harley! $35K invested and if someone else likes it better than me I'll buy another.

I understand and appreciate your comments but I'm really only interested in MOCO!

[sm=imsorry.gif]

Old 02-21-2007, 03:07 PM
t_m34
Tourer

Also...there should be velcro flaps in the back for the antennas...

Old 02-21-2007, 03:10 PM
onlythebest
Road Warrior

Is that what that little black bag is for? **** I thought it was a helmet bag! LOL. I have the one without logo.

I got rid of my rucks long ago! Was having flash backs of jumping and having to hump all over and hell and back!

Take it easy

Old 02-21-2007, 03:10 PM
ultraultra
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the 98742-96 Storm Shield that I take with me for overnighters. I've used it at several rally's and it does a good job. It's easy to work around the antena's. Downside.. it's bluky. it takes up 1/3 of a saddlebag. I also have a Oaisis day cover that I use when I ride to work. Foleded up, it's a little bigger than a 1 qt baggie. It's easy to put on, and quick to take off when I'm trying to get away from work as quickly as possible.

Old 02-21-2007, 03:30 PM
alexcue
Road Master

Got the touring cover myself. Tried the Dowco Zip up one, but it bent the hell out of the soft antenna's. (thinking about cutting a couple of holes...)

Anyway, the Hd cover is pretty sweet. It has the velco for the antenna's to slip thru and it fits perfect, and it beads water really well. For the money, not a bad deal for those of us not so lucky to have a garage.

I also bought the "day" half cover for traveling. Yes it says Harley (orange and black to boot), but packs super small and it keeps the dew off of it while traveling.

Quick Reply: Anyone have the HD Motorcycle Cover?