Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

THINKING OF BUYING PCIII? NOTICE TO 06-07 READ THIS FIRST!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 02:16 PM
Gutman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: THINKING OF BUYING PCIII? NOTICE TO 06-07 READ THIS FIRST!

I don't understand half the people on this site. This has been a known problem in the industry, this is not breaking news. Whenever there is a post on this site PC vs. SERT everyone has their opinions and most are the SERT is too much and dealers are just out to steal your money. Now when everyone hears this they say "I will live with it?" If this problem was with the SERT and the MOCO said they were doing nothing about it, we would be on the 23rd page already. Like I have always said, you get what you pay for. The PowerCommander is not superior to the SERT, only less expensive and works OK. The long term affect is that it still uses consumer grade electronics (same as your kids PS3 or X-Box) and long term failures are high.

Old 02-21-2007, 02:25 PM
Custom07RKC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Gutman

I don't understand half the people on this site. This has been a known problem in the industry, this is not breaking news. Whenever there is a post on this site PC vs. SERT everyone has their opinions and most are the SERT is too much and dealers are just out to steal your money. Now when everyone hears this they say "I will live with it?" If this problem was with the SERT and the MOCO said they were doing nothing about it, we would be on the 23rd page already. Like I have always said, you get what you pay for. The PowerCommander is not superior to the SERT, only less expensive and works OK. The long term affect is that it still uses consumer grade electronics (same as your kids PS3 or X-Box) and long term failures are high.
Well said Gutman, plus it is just a device that receivesthe voltage from the ECM and changes the signal to suit the map installed in it rather than the ECM providing the correct signal in the first place. With that being said either devices will do the job they just go about it in different manners and since the SERT reprograms the ECM, the actual ECM needs to fail for the bike to, unlike the PCIII.

Old 02-21-2007, 02:32 PM
Branded
Road Master

So, the engine starts on the 2nd revolution instead of the 1st. So whats the big deal ?

Old 02-21-2007, 02:35 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Gutman

Well your right about the dealers and the SERT, 400+ for a link to reprogram your own stock ECM. hookup cable not included. And as for this being a Known issue? I never new it when I bought mine back in october, and niether did many others, heck till some of us figured out it was a power issue most everyone thought it was a map related problem. The true problem has only come to light in the past few days and is now documented in writing by Dynojets responce listed above.

Old 02-21-2007, 02:37 PM
t_m34
Tourer

FLHT -- thanks for the info!

Gutman -- No worries, no one's looking for your understanding. Most of us are here looking for information.

Personally I like the fact that I can sit and play with the table and effect how my bike performs. Since I commute, it's been a hobbie to get the best gas mileage I can out of the bike. Staring at spark plugs has become an obsession, too.

It's no big surprise to me that there are issues, and the issues I've had aren't exactly serious. If I want I'll change to SERT...or not...no one should really care too much what I have on my bike.

But it's nice to be informed about the possibilities, and potential issues/advantages to the products out there. At this point, the advantages of PCIII outweigh the issues for me. Maybe I'll feel different in the future. Who knows? Who cares? No one should...

Old 02-21-2007, 02:46 PM
Branded
Road Master

I'm looking into my crystal ball and see this thread turning the same direction as the Draggin Baggers thread. LOL!!!

Old 02-21-2007, 02:47 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: t_m34

FLHT -- thanks for the info!

Gutman -- No worries, no one's looking for your understanding. Most of us are here looking for information.

Personally I like the fact that I can sit and play with the table and effect how my bike performs. Since I commute, it's been a hobbie to get the best gas mileage I can out of the bike. Staring at spark plugs has become an obsession, too.

It's no big surprise to me that there are issues, and the issues I've had aren't exactly serious. If I want I'll change to SERT...or not...no one should really care too much what I have on my bike.

But it's nice to be informed about the possibilities, and potential issues/advantages to the products out there. At this point, the advantages of PCIII outweigh the issues for me. Maybe I'll feel different in the future. Who knows? Who cares? No one should...
Exactly, one of the the great functions of a good forum is to help everyone be a informed consumer.

Old 02-21-2007, 02:48 PM
t_m34
Tourer

Yup, I might want to duck out of this quick before I say/write something stoopit!

Oops, too late!

Old 02-21-2007, 02:53 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Branded

I'm looking into my crystal ball and see this thread turning the same direction as the Draggin Baggers thread. LOL!!!
You know youre right! Draggin Bagger made a inferor product and the guys that suffered saved a lot of others from making the same mistake. Dynojet is trying to sell us on accepting a part that does not funtion as it should on our 06/07 model harleys. I know Dynojet is very capable of fixing this, maybe now that the truth is out it may push them to correct it.

Old 02-21-2007, 02:57 PM
Branded
Road Master

Maybe the Dynojet folks will stumble across this thread and attempt to find a remedy.

Quick Reply: THINKING OF BUYING PCIII? NOTICE TO 06-07 READ THIS FIRST!