Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

THINKING OF BUYING PCIII? NOTICE TO 06-07 READ THIS FIRST!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 01:36 PM
Gutman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: THINKING OF BUYING PCIII? NOTICE TO 06-07 READ THIS FIRST!

Gunrunner, I agree with what you say, however have a dealer install a non street legal 103 kit, using all SE parts and SERT, put 8,000 miles on it and it holes the piston. Call your dealer and tell him top end needs replaced. If he says no, call the MOCO. Like I said earlier some dealers know their way around this. If you have a SERT installed and have and oil leak or something, yeah, warranty will cover. Remeber, worse case senario, Those parts are not coverd is all I'm sayin.

Old 02-23-2007, 02:04 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Gutman

Gunrunner, I agree with what you say, however have a dealer install a non street legal 103 kit, using all SE parts and SERT, put 8,000 miles on it and it holes the piston. Call your dealer and tell him top end needs replaced. If he says no, call the MOCO. Like I said earlier some dealers know their way around this. If you have a SERT installed and have and oil leak or something, yeah, warranty will cover. Remeber, worse case senario, Those parts are not coverd is all I'm sayin.
Not sure where you buy, but if my dealer did as you say, they would fix it. Long as I had not done anything else or had it worked on by someone else. My dealer installs serts, dyno tunes them on 07's on a daily basis. My dealer would and has bent over backward to keep his customers ,he would rather fix a problem and keep the customer rather than loose his business forever. Guess thats why he's the largest selling dealer on the east coast and owns two Harley mega dealerships plus two metric dealerships in N.C and S.C. it all boils down to who you deal with.

Old 02-23-2007, 08:19 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,829 Likes on 1,592 Posts

It lacks a fair price if you ask me... If it was 290 bucks I might have one.
400 bucks for something that is already basically there.... damn. I need to get into that business.

lp

What capabilities does the SERT lack?
The SERT in my mind lacks nothing.

Old 02-23-2007, 08:43 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In my opinion the PC III is not an inferior product as some have stated. I also do not have an issue with the method the unit uses to draw power. I am not ascared of it.

I do have an issue with the price the MOCO wants for the SERT. I purchased a PC III for $100 less than the SERT preprogrammed with a two year warranty from FuelMoto. Installed it myself then had the bike dyno'ed to fine tune it.

And I do have an issue with people who seem to think this is the end of the world as we know it.

Old 02-23-2007, 08:43 PM
Gutman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Probably true. I agree.

Old 02-23-2007, 09:27 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,829 Likes on 1,592 Posts

Won't stop me from trying one on my next bike though. Hell it's only money right?

lp

Probably true. I agree.

Old 02-23-2007, 09:30 PM
Rick51
Account Deactivated
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 06 Ultra was done with the SERT. Fantasic proformance and extra power. No problems at all.

Old 02-23-2007, 11:11 PM
StreetGlide2006
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Installed my PCIII today. I do not have a problem with the delay in starting. It is there but nothing I can not get use to. Now if the weather would give me a brake I would love to get out and see how she rides.

Ride Safe,

Mike

Old 02-28-2007, 05:16 PM
FACTION95
Road Master

ORIGINAL: mariner227

It seems that many are making to big a deal out of the delayed start issue with the pcIII. It is not that big a deal. If you are a do it yourself kind of person you should at leastconsider the pcIII. There are pros and cons with both ( sert & pcIII ). For the cost of sert plus dyno time, you can buy two pcIII's and carry a spare! Changing them takes about ten minutes!I may change back to my stock slipons for long trips, maybe not.With pc you can change the map settings yourself. It's that easy!
If I were not doing most of the work on my bike myself I would probably go with the sert.
Your are completely misinformed about the SERT. You should really know what your talking about before you start spewing misinformation about a product.

Old 02-28-2007, 05:36 PM
FACTION95
Road Master

ORIGINAL: lp

It lacks a fair price if you ask me... If it was 290 bucks I might have one.
400 bucks for something that is already basically there.... damn. I need to get into that business.

lp

Your reasoning is hilarious...

By the way the SERT is about $75 more than the cost of a PC3. Its about 3 times easier to install (especially for an 07). It is also comes with canned maps, like the ones that you have to download from the PC3 website. It is also just as easy to send a map to the SERT as it is with the PC3.

Quick Reply: THINKING OF BUYING PCIII? NOTICE TO 06-07 READ THIS FIRST!