Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

THINKING OF BUYING PCIII? NOTICE TO 06-07 READ THIS FIRST!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 01:07 AM
gabhart
Road Master
Received 75 Likes on 48 Posts
Default RE: THINKING OF BUYING PCIII? NOTICE TO 06-07 READ THIS FIRST!

ORIGINAL: BikerGent

Just got a 07 st.glide put a Thunder maxwith auto tune on it also a Wimmer Big Sucker air intake with V& H slip on's.the T M, cost $829 msrp air intake $550 pipes $400 now U say the 08's will auto tune to any add on?? Had a problem ,sometimes it would rev to 25-3000 for no reason (not safe ) while trying to stop 4 a light. took it back to Wimmer Custom Cycle (who makes the Air intakes ) found the heat sensor wire was loose and every time I hit a bump it would give a false reading ,ie: engine cold -or hot therfore high revs back to normal ,he fixed it .But this is right out of the showroom ,so if I crashed and burned they would have said going to fast for conditions they dont check out bike crashes like airplane crashes so , what does any one think of the mods I did so far ?? this is my 1st. bagger and I love it also looking for tweeters to put in the spot where the air temp & oil ,dials are .any one have a link for speakers for the bike ? Thanks hope to see U all for the spring Ralley here In Myrtle Beach I wiil be in the mall in north M.beach we have a booth for Rolling Thunder Chapter 3 S.C.may 11 -19th Thanks The gent
Huh?

Old 02-23-2007, 10:59 AM
Hardly Dangerous
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an 06 and when I changed my pipes and AC I went to the stealer to get an ecm flash. They told me they didn't have any luck with HD's flash. They recommended a PCIII. Go figure. Why are you guys so worried about the warranty? Have you ever heard of anybody's EFI tuner trashing an engine? No, I didn't think so. Wouldn't HD have to prove the tuner caused the problem anyway? You guys worry too much. Just get out there and fkn ride!

Old 02-23-2007, 11:05 AM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok PCIII folks....heres a question for you........
https://www.hdforums.com/m_1312892/tm.htm
........ my thinking is he blew a fuel pump fuse or fuel pump. Or the PCIII took a dump.

Old 02-23-2007, 11:25 AM
wishbonecg
Cruiser

The fact that with the PCIII my bike takes a bit longer to start doesn't bother me. The fact that I often have an unpredictable stumble when coming off the line from idle DOES BOTHER ME. This thread was started with the best of intentions to inform fellow owners of an inferior product. Some of us like chocolate and some like vanilla. But if I'm a chocolate lover and I find out it has salmonella, I think I'd become a vanilla supporter until they can prove to me the chocolate has been fixed. Bottom line, PCIII has a know problem with their product and they are not falling over backwards trying to fix it. I bought the PCIII but now I have top shell out the extra $ for either a flash or a SERT. IMO, a smart person, after reading these threads would be buying a SERT.

Old 02-23-2007, 11:30 AM
Branded
Road Master

Uhhmmm!! Ok

Old 02-23-2007, 11:40 AM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"IMO, a smart person, after reading these threads would be buying a SERT."

YEP & if you have superior intelligence, lay out for a ThunderMax and drive a hammer through your PCIII! [8D]

Old 02-23-2007, 11:54 AM
Hardly Dangerous
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: SteelCityScooter

Ok PCIII folks....heres a question for you........
https://www.hdforums.com/m_1312892/tm.htm
........ my thinking is he blew a fuel pump fuse or fuel pump. Or the PCIII took a dump.
To narrow that down just remove the PCIII as someone else stated. Very easy!

Old 02-23-2007, 12:23 PM
Gutman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What capabilities does the SERT lack?

[/quote]

The SERT in my mind lacks nothing.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:27 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Gutman

Jeff, you are exactly right. The decision to cover or not cover a part by the dealer can vary. Just keep in mind that the overall factor is who is paying for the claim. The MOCO ultimately decides whether they will pay a claim or deny. If denied the dealer will cover all costs'. Some dealers will not take that chance. The MOCO precisely spells out that this is not a coverd part, however they do not ask when the claim is submitted. If that info is requested the dealer must submit the truth. That could lead to a denied claim. Some dealers know how to work the system, and the MOCO knows this and will get you through it. Beware if on the road and a dealer starts making remarks. Take it elsewhere, one phone call is all it takes for a "red flag."
Ive been buying harleys for years from my dealer I garantee you he is more worried about building and keeping his customer base than turning down warranty claims because you added something. The general manager stoped me going out the door to ride home on my newly bought 07 just to tell me of the new program they developed for the SERT and asked me if I wanted to have it done! Doesn't sound like it was a warranty buster to me. 90% of the crossed flags and warranty info is done not to keep you from doing it rather to put on a front for big brother so they can appear to be discouraging its use. If they didnt want you to put this stuff on, they would not sell the crap and have a service department ready willing and able to install it.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:46 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: BikerGent

Just got a 07 st.glide put a Thunder maxwith auto tune on it also a Wimmer Big Sucker air intake with V& H slip on's.the T M, cost $829 msrp air intake $550 pipes $400 now U say the 08's will auto tune to any add on?? Had a problem ,sometimes it would rev to 25-3000 for no reason (not safe ) while trying to stop 4 a light. took it back to Wimmer Custom Cycle (who makes the Air intakes ) found the heat sensor wire was loose and every time I hit a bump it would give a false reading ,ie: engine cold -or hot therfore high revs back to normal ,he fixed it .But this is right out of the showroom ,so if I crashed and burned they would have said going to fast for conditions they dont check out bike crashes like airplane crashes so , what does any one think of the mods I did so far ?? this is my 1st. bagger and I love it also looking for tweeters to put in the spot where the air temp & oil ,dials are .any one have a link for speakers for the bike ? Thanks hope to see U all for the spring Ralley here In Myrtle Beach I wiil be in the mall in north M.beach we have a booth for Rolling Thunder Chapter 3 S.C.may 11 -19th Thanks The gent
If Im reading right you say the heat sensor, you do know that is fited to the stock air cleaner, and you must remove it when you remove the stock air cleaner setup. Id say those guys who installed the way over priced air cleaner caused your problem not harley.

Quick Reply: THINKING OF BUYING PCIII? NOTICE TO 06-07 READ THIS FIRST!