Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 RKC Security system?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 10:55 PM
2-Piece
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 RKC Security system?

Hello all

I just bought an 07 RKC. Previous owner (not original owner) said it didn't have the factory security system but it does have what I think is the security module under the seat behind the battery and the Red key indicator comes on with the ignition. I didn't get a fob with the bike.

Bikes starts ok.

Is it possible the security system has just been deactivated for years?

Could I just purchase a replacement fob and enable the system?

Thanks

Old 05-10-2013, 08:58 AM
carrmat
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Certainly sounds like it has the security module. You can take that part out and look at the part number on it, they look identical except the part numbers. Without is called TSM, with is called TSSM.

I don't know of any way to disable it without swapping the part for the TSM module. I'm wondering if one of the previous owners simply hid a fob somewhere on the bike.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:07 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,352 Likes on 2,532 Posts

if you think that the po 'hid' a fob somewhere on the bike and want to do a quick check to see for sure, then go through the procedure for changing the pin. in order to do that, the fob has to be present. if you can't do it, then no security, and no hidden fob.

turn you ignition on-off-on-off-on
press your left turn signal button 3 times
press your right turn signal once

if it goes into pin change mode (the odometer will show a 5 digit number with the first digit flashing) then there is a fob hidden somewhere. if not, well, there's your answer.

also, if it does go into pin change mode, set the pin to something you'll remember (other than 11111). press the left turn signal to cycle the digit, and the right turn signal to enter it. then find that fob.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:23 PM
2-Piece
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turns out the bike does not have the factory security system. I assumed that if there was a module plugged in it has security. I didn't realize the module is also for the turn signals. TSM vs TSSM. I pulled the module out and its part # 68920-07 which is apparently just a TSM. Disappointing, but at least I saved $40 for a fob I didn't need and a bunch of aggravation.

Thanks everyone.

2-Piece