Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Batwing Broken Fairing Support Repair

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013 | 04:05 PM
Woodchuck
|
Road Master
Default Batwing Broken Fairing Support Repair

I found the right side vertical support and right speaker support broken on my '07 EGC. Thanks to this forum I was aware of the issue and checked it out when I had more than the usual fairing shake.

Also because of the forum and my limited search abilities, I found an easy and effective repair - the Ragan Fab Works Fairing Support Repair Kit.

If you need to fix your fairing supports, I recommend this kit. They can also be added to reinforce supports that aren't broken yet. I added them to the left side.

This site is a great source of info... and entertainment.

Old 05-09-2013 | 06:13 PM
bruce sg08
Road Captain

+1 on the ragan fab works. Just did it last week. Easy fix and don't thing I will ever have to worry about it again. http://www.nwmachine.com/rfw/Order.htm

Last edited by bruce sg08; 05-09-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old 05-09-2013 | 07:07 PM
simpkinst
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Woodchuck
I found the right side vertical support and right speaker support broken on my '07 EGC. Thanks to this forum I was aware of the issue and checked it out when I had more than the usual fairing shake.

Also because of the forum and my limited search abilities, I found an easy and effective repair - the Ragan Fab Works Fairing Support Repair Kit.

If you need to fix your fairing supports, I recommend this kit. They can also be added to reinforce supports that aren't broken yet. I added them to the left side.

This site is a great source of info... and entertainment.
I fixed mine for 3.94.

Angle bracket from local hardware store. Ground down to match curve of stock bracket. Bolted to stock fairing location. Drilled 2 holes and bolted bottom to the support bracket. Painted it black. Can't even notice it's there. Been this way for four years and still holding strong.

Why pay for anything more? The only thing that would be better is if I had a welder, but the bolts are doing a fine job.

Old 05-09-2013 | 07:22 PM
Woodchuck
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by simpkinst
I fixed mine for 3.94.

Why pay for anything more? The only thing that would be better is if I had a welder, but the bolts are doing a fine job.
I was thinking about cobbing something together myself but the speaker bracket repair would have been a challenge. The Ragan Fab Works Fairing Support Repair Kit was a convenient and effective solution.

Old 05-09-2013 | 07:26 PM
Turbo Turtle
Road Warrior

As cheap as I am, I still decided to give Mr. Ragan some of my hard earned money just for design and marketing time for a fair product. I know he cannot be getting rich from this. Oh wait, all fairing mounts will fail, so he does have a built in market. My only issue was that his speaker brace didn't mate up to the upgraded speaker brackets I had already installed at an earlier date. Good thing I kept the old broken early design ones, as I had to reinstall them in order to use his speaker bracket brace. No big deal, my fairing is solid and I am happy enough that I didn't bother bringing that to his attention.
I still highly recommend his product for those not so mechanically inclined. And it's a low scale do it yourself project.
My $0.02

aka Bob

Old 05-09-2013 | 07:50 PM
Sc0-
Road Captain

Previous owner of my bike used aluminum 90 degree angle stock, cut a small 1/4" section and drill the holes... Probly no more that $3 worth of materials and I was surprised to see it done the first time I opened her up...

Old 05-09-2013 | 08:51 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member