Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear speaker placement on tour pac

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 10:26 AM
devious56
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear speaker placement on tour pac

Hey guys, I hate to aoppear aprehensive, but I'm sitting hear waiting for my Hogs Tunes Ultra to arrive and am worried about the placement of the rear speaker pods. How critical is this? I'l sure hate to have holes all over the place in the tour pac. Any advice would be appreciated to help getting them in the correct place.

Thanks much,

David [sm=thanx.gif]

Old 02-21-2007, 10:46 AM
Bulldawg
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rear speaker placement on tour pac

Glad you asked the question, I was going to post a like message today. I was thinking about tracing the speaker and using that as a template for placement. Anyone have any other suggestions? I'm going to install all four speakers and amp on my RG. I've never had the fairing off before, how long will this task take? Thanks

Steve

Old 02-21-2007, 11:12 AM
devious56
Cruiser

Hey Steve, here is a link to pulling the front fairing, there are only 7 screws holding the thing together. Looks like a pretty simple task. https://www.hdforums.com/m_384080/tm.htm

David

Old 02-21-2007, 11:22 AM
Qball
Ultimate HDF Member

I took the rear pods and used that Sticky Tack stuff from Staples (like silly puddy) and used three small pieces to stick them where I wanted them. I then used a small sharp awl type thing to make small marks on the tour pack. I then removed the pods and drilled away. I did find it hard to get one bolt through on each side. To fix this I drilled from the tour pack, through the hole that I drilled in it and made a new hole (bigger one) in the pod. Was very intimidating, but after the first was installed it took the edge off.