Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide vs Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013 | 08:53 PM
Razorback Rob
|
Road Captain

I'm not a complete idiot fellas. I've ridden SG's in the past. I guess my biggest concern about the RG is the protection of the fairing. I know I'll need a taller windshield, but I'm curious about the fairing. Any comments about that? As to the comment about re-design in 2015. I I know the owner of the HD shop here in town pretty well. He said the MOCO has to re-tool their molds. He didn't mention ant re-design on the RG but he did mention a re-design on the fairing of the SG. He didn't go into detain but he said it would be slightly different. But again my biggest question is about the protection of the fairing of the RG vs the SG. Good input guys. I appreciate it.

Old 05-07-2013 | 08:54 PM
Razorback Rob
|
Road Captain

And by the way, that first remark came off sounding smarter than I meant it to sound

Old 05-07-2013 | 08:55 PM
ddm502001
Road Warrior

Had a Road King, got tired of buffeting, installed a fairing, so became a sorta Street Glide/Ultra Classic wanna be, liked it a lot at that point. Rode a buddies RGU, bad mistake, could not get the ride outa my head, now we went to get the old bike serviced and the little woman said I sure like that one, go ahead and see if they will deal on it. Now the very pleased owner of a 2012 FLTRU and won't go back.

Old 05-07-2013 | 08:56 PM
yzergod
Road Warrior

RG= dash like a Caddy, spacious & big
SG/EG= dash like a Mini Cooper, close up

With my Long Ride Shield, wind protection is excellent. I have lowers and the only real wind problem I notice is buffeting from wind coming up from under the fairing through the fork tunnel. They make these little plastic deflectors that (I'm told) work really well for fixing this problem, but my old style lowers don't work with them. My riding buddies picked the batwing because of the imagined better wind protection for their hands, but I don't notice any difference.

Also, where ever I go my shark nose stands out in a sea of bat wing fairings.

Last edited by yzergod; 05-07-2013 at 09:02 PM.
Old 05-07-2013 | 09:12 PM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member

Like others have said, both really great touring sleds.

TEST RIDE BEFORE YOU BUY.

But don't ride a Road Glide UNLESS you are ready to buy it!

Good Luck,

YB

Old 05-07-2013 | 09:17 PM
chgofirefighter
Road Master

IMO, I like the SG the most... I rode 2 both bikes, but settle on the SG, then again, thats my personal taste and opinion. Before making "ANY" purchase I suggest "like many others" to test them both and make an informed decision. Good luck

Old 05-07-2013 | 09:31 PM
13RoadGlider
Cruiser

I road Road Kings forever until I rolled out on a 2013 RG. I'll never buy anything else, unless the MoCo say I cant. Test them both, but ride the SG first. If you ride the RG first, you'll be done. Good luck!

Old 05-07-2013 | 09:43 PM
Bobberino
Road Master

i used to hate the look of the RG......now Im in the process of converting my SG into a RG. SG is top heavy and I just hopped on a RG and went for a test ride. I had to get used to the fairing not moving with me but man, that thing is not top heavy and steering to me felt a lil quicker. Y am I converting her if I want a RG so bad....easy. I dont want a payment.

Old 05-07-2013 | 09:56 PM
Billfishin2
Road Captain

Ride both and buy the one that speaks to you .....

Old 05-07-2013 | 10:00 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy Rob
If you don't ride both,you could make a very costly mistake.
+1 more.
Otherwise you'll be right back in the Heritage boat that you are trying to get out of.

Don't take none of our advice.. on it.
Make your own decision and do not make it hastily either.
That is my bit of advice.
Ride em' both and think about it, and then maybe ride em' again.
Think about it, and then look for your best deal and financing.
Then go for it.

Quick Reply: Street Glide vs Road Glide