Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed factory security now bike won't run

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 11:53 PM
skyhead
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed factory security now bike won't run

I need some help again. I installed a HD factory alarm moduleon my 2006 standard and everything seems to work fine as far as setting and disarming the alarm but the bike will notrun after the install. The bike starts and runs for a sec then stalls. if you try to start 3 times it will flash the alarm led continuosly and will not start at all after that. You have to turn it off and arm the bike, disarm, and turn it on again before it will allow you to attempt to start again. I bought the alarm on Ebay from a Harley dealer out of state with good feedback so I'm hopeing I did not get burned.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer

Old 02-21-2007, 12:19 AM
skyhead
Advanced
Default RE: Installed factory security now bike won't run

I figured it out. The wrong part was sent in the right box. The security module I recieved is 68922-00d and I was supposed to get 68200-00D. Thanks

Old 02-21-2007, 12:22 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts

Good you got it figgered out, however, in the mean time even that security system will protect your bike from being stolen...............even by you!!!

[sm=joke.gif].....glad you got it sorted.

Old 02-21-2007, 08:28 AM
skyhead
Advanced

yea, siince I can;t even keep it running. These sycurity systems offer very little security as far as the bike getting stolen. But I'm trying ot keep the thing from getting tampered wirth while I am work and I think this will offer a little protection there.

Old 02-21-2007, 01:57 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

Well you definately achieved what you wanted,your bike is now safeHope you get it working with the correct part.

Old 02-21-2007, 02:27 PM
CNC WHEEL GUY
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: skyhead

I need some help again. I installed a HD factory alarm moduleon my 2006 standard and everything seems to work fine as far as setting and disarming the alarm but the bike will notrun after the install. The bike starts and runs for a sec then stalls. if you try to start 3 times it will flash the alarm led continuosly and will not start at all after that. You have to turn it off and arm the bike, disarm, and turn it on again before it will allow you to attempt to start again. I bought the alarm on Ebay from a Harley dealer out of state with good feedback so I'm hopeing I did not get burned.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer
You never stated if you followed the procedures laid out in the service manual. There is a 45 minute sequence of turning the ignition switch off/on/off and letting the ECM learn the code from the security module. I did this for my wife's '05 deluxe and it was a pain in the rear. I finally had it working after the third try. Harley has a tool that can teah the module the ECM info, but you can also program it with the service manual.

Good luck with it.

Old 02-21-2007, 02:33 PM
Gutman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is incorrect. The correctKIT part number is 68200-00d. The part number for the correctMODULE in that kit is 68922-00d. The reason your bike does not run is that a pass code learn procedure must be completed to "marry" your tssm and ecm/icm. The two communicate with each other and until this is completed, it will not run. The procedurecan be completed at the dealership with the Digital Technician and takes 10 minutes. This prevents thieves from going to a dealer, buying a non security module and switching it out with your bike. This will allow the thief to hot wire/jump your bike and ride off.

Old 02-21-2007, 02:46 PM
skyhead
Advanced

The last two posts are correct. I called my local dealer and they told me I had the correct part and I had to bring it in the shop. I found the 'password learn' section here and will look at my service manual to confirm tonight. I'll try installing this again tonight and will let everyone know how it goes.

I appreciate all the responses and am really thankful you guys are here. Drinks are on me folks!

thanks
Dave

Old 02-21-2007, 04:50 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: skyhead

The last two posts are correct. I called my local dealer and they told me I had the correct part and I had to bring it in the shop. I found the 'password learn' section here and will look at my service manual to confirm tonight. I'll try installing this again tonight and will let everyone know how it goes.

I appreciate all the responses and am really thankful you guys are here. Drinks are on me folks!

thanks
Dave
The ECM - TSSM marry procedure is in the electrical diagnostics manual not the regular service manual.

But, if you do a search of the DIY section of this forum you will find the procedure to use.

Don't be fooled when the light goes off early and think you can shortcut the times listed. You can't. And if you miss a light or muck it up you got to start over from scratch.

Old 02-21-2007, 05:46 PM
nightglide
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does anyone know if those front brake locks are a good idea as well?

Quick Reply: Installed factory security now bike won't run