Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed factory security now bike won't run

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 10:31 AM
ponesma
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Installed factory security now bike won't run

I have read through the procedure in the DIY section on this site and it does look easy. My only question is where do you set the PIN to disarm if you lose your key fob. Plus I purchased another key fob and I think you need to PIN to be able to add it to the system. the manual for the alarm does show you how to change the PIN, but of course you need to know what it is set to. LOL Is there a default PIN that gets set.

Gutman: I bought the bike used so i cant use the "I bought the bike from them" line. However the alarm was purchsed from them, I will give that a shot. I did call a few other dealers and they want about $100 (1hr) to do it, but that was to insall also. Seems a bit steep to plug it in and let the computer do all the work (as you said to walk away).

Thanks,

Old 02-23-2007, 05:12 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: ponesma

I have read through the procedure in the DIY section on this site and it does look easy. My only question is where do you set the PIN to disarm if you lose your key fob. Plus I purchased another key fob and I think you need to PIN to be able to add it to the system. the manual for the alarm does show you how to change the PIN, but of course you need to know what it is set to. LOL Is there a default PIN that gets set.

Gutman: I bought the bike used so i cant use the "I bought the bike from them" line. However the alarm was purchsed from them, I will give that a shot. I did call a few other dealers and they want about $100 (1hr) to do it, but that was to insall also. Seems a bit steep to plug it in and let the computer do all the work (as you said to walk away).

Thanks,
The procedure to set a personal disarm code should be in both your owner's manual and in the small booklet that came with the TSSM / Key fob.

Be sure to write the thing down once you have set it and then test it to be sure it works.

You don't need the Personal code to add another fob. (Remember you are only allowed two per unit) But you should create one to overwrite the factory default. And don't use the example code in the manual !! Make up your own.

Old 02-23-2007, 05:42 PM
ponesma
Cruiser

Great thanks I will look at it when I get home. I thought you needed to have the dealer set the initial code. I do remember reading the part about only being able to support two fobs, the kit I boughtonly came with one so I bought a second one.

Thanks for all the great info.

Old 02-23-2007, 05:56 PM
Gutman
Road Master

I would still try. Don't pay $100.00, It's not that hard. Good luck.

Old 02-23-2007, 08:09 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: ponesma

Great thanks I will look at it when I get home. I thought you needed to have the dealer set the initial code. I do remember reading the part about only being able to support two fobs, the kit I bought only came with one so I bought a second one.

Thanks for all the great info.
Nope.

Using only my wits (that put me at a disadvantage right there ) and the information from this forum I installed and programmed the factory security system with smart siren II on my 06 Ultra. In fact that's how I found this forum, when it wouldn't start I Googled up "Harley Security System won't start". This place was like item 3 or 4 on the list.

Still ain't figured out if a low number is "High Sensitivity" or if a high number is. On mine it seems to make no difference. I want mine to go off if someone looks at the bike hard.[:-]

Old 02-23-2007, 08:49 PM
ponesma
Cruiser

Nope.

Using only my wits (that put me at a disadvantage right there ) and the information from this forum I installed and programmed the factory security system with smart siren II on my 06 Ultra. In fact that's how I found this forum, when it wouldn't start I Googled up "Harley Security System won't start". This place was like item 3 or 4 on the list.

Still ain't figured out if a low number is "High Sensitivity" or if a high number is. On mine it seems to make no difference. I want mine to go off if someone looks at the bike hard.[:-]
LOL that is funny. I just got home and looked at the instructionsand you are correct you dont need the PIN to set a newPIN or to add the key fobs. You do have to add both fobs at the same time, you cant just add one. Once you add one it deletes whatever was already programed. I am going to give this a shot this weekend, assuming we dont get all the snow they are talking about.

Did you have to clear codes from the ECM after you got everything done. I have not seen those instructions.

Thanks,

Old 02-23-2007, 09:04 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member

There was a "history" code that I cleared. And I think I got the procedure out of the DIY section of this forum. I think it involves the ignition, left turn signal, and the reset button on the odometer.

You should not have anything other than a code in history. If you have an active code then something is amiss.

Old 02-23-2007, 09:30 PM
ponesma
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: AK_Hog_Herder

There was a "history" code that I cleared. And I think I got the procedure out of the DIY section of this forum. I think it involves the ignition, left turn signal, and the reset button on the odometer.

You should not have anything other than a code in history. If you have an active code then something is amiss.
I will take a look at the DIY section. Will the bike run if I dont get that cleared right away?

Old 02-24-2007, 04:11 PM
ponesma
Cruiser

Guys it worked like a charm. I am all set, I have both fobs installed and my PIN. You guys rock and the instructions were perfect. I have a code tripped because my engine light stays on for a few after it starts. Does anyone know how to clear it?